PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

riptide

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
Today is a great day for a pipe outside in Colorado Springs It is cool rainy and full thunder. So i decided to open a jar of Christmas Cheer 2008 now when I first bought this I opened it right away and did not like it. the tin aroma was of ketchup it was a flake the first I ever smoked and had no clue what to do with it. I found it hard to keep lit( mostly because i didn't rub it out.)and i burned my mouth. Today after three years in cellar... It was great I rubbed it out and packed it gently went outside sat out patio and smoked away it still had a little ketchup smell but I found it sweet and almost nutty it gave a wonderful full billowy smoke. Now I am hooked I just hope the 2011 I just ordered will be the same. I t breaks my heart that I did not buy more than 1 tin of 2008. Does any body else know what the other vintages are like or is this a aging tobacco?
Edit: Fixed Dose to Does. L

edprice3

Lurker
Jul 3, 2011
Back when I smoked on a more regular basis, I'd buy 3 tins of Christmas Cheer each year. I'd open one in 5 years, one in 10, and haven't made it to the 15 year mark yet with any. It's one of my favorite smokes, cracking that aged tin on Christmas eve, with a nice glass of scotch to go with it.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I love the stuff and currently have 5 or 6 tins cellared, ranging from 2007 - 2010. I'm a big fan of McClelland's VAs and have grown to really enjoy the catsup tin aroma and sweet taste. If you like Christmas Cheer you will also enjoy Blackwoods Flake... :puffy:

loborx

Apr 20, 2011
I've got a half tin of Christmas Cheer 2000 left. Definitely not a sugar plum kind of blend but just straight, high end Virginia. The catsup smell has long went away leaving just well-aged flakes of Va. yummyness.

riptide

Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
@ JC I will need to try Blackwoods. I do like McClelland's Darkstar a good smoke if there was ever one.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I have smoked Christmas Cheer 2006 & 2007. I will be opening a tin of the 2008 this year. I love the 06 & 07. I buy a few tins of every year when they come out.

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
Never had any of the christmas cheer at all. Reckon its time to get some.

Status
Not open for further replies.