PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

the85boro

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2019
In a post apocalyptic world where all tobacco was gone except for one OTC blend which was plentiful...Which blend would you want that to be? PA, CH, CB, H&H, Velvet...?
Think about this question hard because once you choose IT WILL be the only pipe tobacco you can acquire for eternity...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'd flip a coin on Granger, Home and Hearth Chestnut, and Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic ... although Amphora, if it's in the running, is also a contender. Pick one? Granger.

the85boro

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2019
In middle Tennessee we do not have the OTC/drugstore plethora of choices. If Amphora was available then Id' be on it like stripes on a bumble bee.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Cosmic, I agree and understand. I might smoke my one OTC, but more like once or twice a month.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Damnit Cosmic. That's not the rules!
Plus we all know your favorite REAL tobacco is Carter Hall....
Yeah me it would be CH. But I would be sad, because it's no longer my favorite blend....

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Chatham Manor - It's Carter Hall with better tobaccos and without the chemical aftertaste.
I really wanted Chatham Manor to be a higher quality clone of Carter Hall, but didn't find CH and CM to be all that close. Similar, but definitely different.
I'd flip a coin on Granger, Home and Hearth Chestnut, and Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic ... although Amphora, if it's in the running, is also a contender. Pick one? Granger.
+1 for H&H Chestnut. Great blend!

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
I'd go Sir Walter Raleigh. But really any would do, except Middleton's Cherry.
If I were really faced with this scenario, I would probably naturally cut back to about a bowl per week.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey Boro, I live in Kentucky now, but I'm Middle Tennessee born and raised. The OTCs are out there if you know where to look.
If you can find a CB grocery store, they'll have a decent selection, including some twists (or at least they did a couple of years ago). Also look at Food Lion. I seem to recall they had a fair selection.

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
Really tough! I am split between PA and CH. I don't want old Albert to get no love so I will put my vote in for him.

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
I'm with cosmic on this. I would quit not for the variety. Trying and learning new tobacco is 90% of the hobbie and I still have hundreds more I want to try. Maybe in 10 years I could make that call.

Jun 9, 2018
England
I'd probably have to choose St Bruno Flake, here in England there aren't that many choices when it comes to OTC tobaccos. Luckily 3 of them are the aforementioned St Bruno, Condor (in its various incarnations) and Walnut/Original Flake but it sounds like there's a bit more choice in the good old US of A.

Oh and Clan, we do have Clan as well but I've heard it's not very nice so haven't tried it yet.
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.