PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Excellent! Anyone that leans toward English mixtures will surely like this tobacco. A little damp in the tin so I let it air for an hour or so. Packed well and was going good on second lite. A gradual increase of strength toward the bottom of the bowl with no bite. Blended in Germany, mostly Virginia, with Oriental and Syrian Latakia used sparingly.

Recommend for those wanting to try an English, does not disappoint. (about $12 American for 50g tin).
TopD

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I wasn't aware that there is a price threshold for writing a review on a particular

tobacco. I'll take a closer look at the instructions..... Thanks
TopD

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
The only price threshold is the one we impose on ourselves. Write on.

I am curious, however, as to where one can get this blend. I'm unaware of their products.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Thanks, I too had not heard of this tobacco. I visit P&C occasionally, from the product description, it sure sounds like a winner. $12 for a tin is about right from the various shops I use. (sometimes Dunhill, GLP are closer to $14, some more)
Description:

T 16: Syrian Latakia, Smyrna and several Virginia varieties are blended and long matured for a typically natural English mixture, with full body, classic fragrance, but mild taste.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Here's some more reviews. Sounds like a decent, mild-English, which I really enjoy. (I hate getting woozy or lightheaded).
http://tobaccoreviews.com/blend_detail.cfm?ALPHA=T&TID=3241

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
While we are in tough economic times, I personally think the "bang for your buck" factor is particularly high with pipes and tobaccos. This is one of those situations for sure. The tobacco Top Dogg is reviewing is totally a unique experience and (to me, and others) well worth the occasional indulgence. It's not something I buy all the time, but man is it good.
You don't have to wear a tuxedo every night to appreciate the times when you do wear one.
(I don't own a tuxedo, but it was an analogy)

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I have been on the hunt for more mild/medium English. Thanks for the recommendation bro. Who knew that tobacco was tinned under the name of Jess Chonowitsch. I don't smoke like a freight train so I rarely consider price when buying a tin of tobacco. I smoke about a bowl a day and sometimes not even that. Rather than having the pipe as a constant companion I tend to pull it out once a day and set aside time to enjoy it usually at the beginning or end of my day. Besides, $12.00 hardly seems expensive to me. Maybe if it was say $23.00/50gm tin like what I pay here at the local B&M I would have a problem with it...then again I do pay that here for Samuel Gawith tins so maybe not.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
It's a delightful smoke. It's great with a nice 19% Portuguese wine. Very relaxing. I smoke this stuff every couple weeks as a treat.

protestantpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 20, 2013
I somehow missed this during my search before posting. If the mods would like to combine that is ok with me. I agree, this does not disappoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.