PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Included in my last TAD order from 4noggins english blend sampler (several 1oz bags).

This evening I decided to test drive one of them and I picked at random "Chipman Hill" a 4noggins house english blend.

As I'm new to english blends I won't embarrass myself by beginning to determine what I was tasting but!!

Chipman Hill is smooth as silk, there are several distinct aromas I haven't quite yet identified but it smells great to the smoker. (not so great to wife).

Weird as this may sound I can taste black pepper every once in a while and I like black pepper.

I should have left it to dry a bit first as I did have to relight several times.

Overall I really like the taste, the smoothness, aroma, and that pepper taste.

I highly recommend this tobacco to anyone looking for a nice smooth sit back with a cup o tea and just zone out.
I will be ordering larger quantity of this for sure.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
Interesting, I am a black pepper junkie myself. I have been curious about the blend called "Black Pepper" by Vauen. Ever heard of it?

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Rich makes some wonderful blends. If you like Englishes you should try his "El Rincon de la Pipa #1" which has IMHO the same taste as Balkan Sasieni, save the cut ( not a fine small ribbon shag )

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I find a lot of cigars have that black pepper component, typically those with connecticut wrappers. I am not anywhere near as experienced with cigars as I am with pipes, but that stands out for me. Never had an English with that component though. Thanks for the info!

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
@papipeguy thanks that's terrific because yes it does have Perique in it.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Perique is definitely the culprit. It always lends at least a bit of black pepper to any blend. I love the stuff myself.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
UPDATE
After smoking a number of bowls I can say that my first impression is correct, this stuff is very good and now that I know what creates that pepper taste, all the better.
But I will add that when I first reviewed this I had a bit of a cold so my nose wasn't working as good as normal. So now I can better tell you about the aroma....THIS STUFF REEKS...but it tastes good... :mrgreen:

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
I am a pepper guy so I think that I will try this blend. Hope you enjoy it and I may return to the thread to let you know how I feel about it also.

Status
Not open for further replies.