Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with Ping Zhan. Zhan is a Chinese pipe maker that has been making pipes since 2011. His pipe making skills have benefited from input by Tom Eltang, Per Billhall, and Jeff Gracik. In Pipe Parts Brian will talk about the interesting history of Tsuge Pipes along with some world history events that coincided. We will have music by the band Mother Folk whose members are all pipe smokers.
ping-zhan-725.jpg

Ping Zhan Inspecting a Pipe at The Chicago Pipe Show. (Photo by Steve Morrisette)

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Should be great- met Ping Zhan at Chicago a few weeks ago...makes a really nice pipe....

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I loved the episode of you on the Country Squire Radio. Another great podcast. Maybe it can be worked out to have Jon David on the Pipes Magazine Radio Show for an episode to talk about the Country Squire shop.
Learned a lot about Tsuge pipes. Another great interview. Enjoyed the insight into the world of pipes in China by Ping.
Keep up the great work on the show!

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I enjoyed Ping's interview and he sounds like an all around fun guy. He learned English from watching "Friends", I find that amazing and I'm glad he doesn't sound like the character "Ross!" Ping seems very grounded with his pipe making and it'll be exciting to see what the future has in store for him in our community. I love hearing about these up and comers, the hobby needs more young blood.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
That was an interesting interview. I found it fascinating that he finds mastering pipe shaping the hardest part of the craft- in my mind I would always think proper drilling, bowl drilling, stem shaping, etc. would be the toughest - but he found mastering classic shapes the hardest (which I've heard before).
China was never on my radar for pipes before this interview. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.