Chiming in, it's been a while. Life is good with a pipe in hand.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Hello everyone. It has been a while since I have chimed in to the forums. Life has been interesting to say the least over the past few months. Tonight I cracked a mason jar of christmas cheer 2014 and I felt inclined to post. I poured myself a bourbon, lemon and club soda.... loaded a bowl of 2014 christmas cheer in my Vauen Bask 4100 and put on some David Ramirez. It is a cold and perfect evening for pipe smoking here in the southwest. A clear, beautiful sky... around 35 degrees at the moment. Good drink, good music and a perfect blend of tobacco (in my opinion). I have not had time to post lately but I often think of the pipes magazine forum and the amazing folks that are a part of it. This time of year brings out the best of me when it comes to a pipe and tobacco. I often tell my wife " if I can somehow retire, and only smoke christmas cheer for the rest of my existence.... I will have lived a complete and perfect life". She laughs at me, as she always does.. But I wanted to tell everyone how a great pipe, a great blend of tobacco and great music has enriched my life and how I hope it has done the same for everyone that reads this. I read a post a couple years ago that stated "sometimes things are bad for the body, but good for the soul".. ever since I read that post, I have thought about it and how perfectly it fits for me. Pipe smoking is not good for you.... Neither are most things in this life... But, I must say, every great thing that has happened in the past few years has usually ended with a pipe in hand and contemplation of how lucky I am. Every bad thing that has happened has usually ended with a pipe in hand and contemplation of how lucky I am. This time of year makes me remember the little things... The great people I am surrounded by, the great tobacco and pipes I have been introduced to and the happiness of looking forward to the future. I just wanted to chime in and say hello to my pipe family here on the forums and I honestly hope that everyone is doing well and having a great holiday season. I know this time of year can be crazy, stressful and a bit overwhelming. But, when you are feeling this way.... grab a pipe loaded with your favorite tobacco... tell the people you love how much you love them and look forward to another great day. It is easy to take advantage of what we have and what we are used to. But, if you are lucky enough to be reading this, I know that life could be much worse for you. I look forward to hearing from all of you over the next year and I hope everyone has a great 2017. I look forward to posting frequently in the upcoming year. Just wanted to say hello, and hope all is well. Sincerely, Chad.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Welcome back, and glad all is well. Is your wife still enjoying pipe smoking as well?

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
"sometimes things are bad for the body, but good for the soul".
What a fabulously great concept!! Reading that felt like a flash of enlightenment to me! And thank you, Chad, for sharing the whole thing!

jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.