PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Not sure if many are following, but all have made it out safely. Although one seems to be heading to divorce court. The mistress was there to welcome him out while the wife was not there for some odd reason.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I have been following as well, but on FOX.

The first rescuer in and last out.... that took balls.

Imagine being the first to ride in a little tube down a hole that is twice as long as the Empire State Building is tall, then being left alone at the bottom of that hole with a mountain over you and no little tube to haul you out for almost half an hour....

Better he than me.
My hats off to those brave men who have endured something no one else on earth has ever endured, and did so with dignity, patience, and bravery.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Yeah, that was pretty awesome. I watched it on and off all day.
I just wonder what their lives are going to be like now. I imagine totally changed, but how? What are they going to do with the rest of their lives?

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
If I was one of them, I think I would try to hit the public speaking circuit to deliver motivational speeches. That would be cool. Travel the world and get paid big bucks to talk.

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
I hate being stuck in a cubicle all day, with windows. I can't possibly imagine being stuck in a mine like that for 69 days. They are some really brave men to do that job. Glad they made it out safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.