PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipekitty7

Lurker
May 13, 2018
OK... there's a lady in the house! Everybody put there pants on! Ok, now that you've been warned... I have been smoking myself for just a couple years. It started with my Dad. He was an avid smoker and collector, and climbing on to his lap while he smoked his favorite pipe (a Barling) was my favorite thing to do... until my Mother scolded us. These were some fond memories of him, and after his passing all these many, many years later, I found his treasure trove of pipes boxed up in Mom's garage. "Those stinky old things" were banished to the garage! But I rescued them and fell in love with the artistry, the history, and the culture. I dabble on Etsy with my Dad's, my Uncle's and a couple of family friends that contributed to my treasure trove of briar and meerschaum. I'm a relative newbie at this, and hope I can get sage pipe smoking wisdom from this group. Puff on my new friends! Cheers!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Lets see some pictures of the pipes! We love that stuff here. Welcome...(As we say here "Pics or it didn't happen") ... :D

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Welcome aboard! If youre looking for sage pipe advice, youve come to the right place!

Jan 8, 2013
Welcome chick pipe smoker! I mean, welcome Pipekitty7! You'd be surprised just how many women pipe smokers there are. Far less than men, but there are still plenty out there. There used to be a few here, and I know of quite a few that make the rounds of the Facebook pipe groups. There's even a pipe group or two made up specifically of women. Still, I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say we're glad to have you here. It's awesome that you were able to rescue your father's pipes. I bet he's smiling down on you seeing his old pipes being put to good use again. You just happen to have found what is in my opinion the best pipe forum there is. The learning never ends. And there are so many different levels to reach in this lifestyle. You might take a side trip to pipe making, or tobacco blending, or growing, or restoring estate pipes, or learning the history of pipes and tobacco. There is actually so much more than just filling a pipe with tobacco and smoking... it never gets boring. And it's always enjoyable. Welcome! :clap:

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Welcome Pipekitty7. You've certainly got a head start on many by coming into this with a handsome collection of broken in pipes. Let's talk tobacco. :puffy:

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Welcome to the forums! Seems you've already got a nice head start with a sweet collection of pipes already at your disposal. Once you have a go at the lot, let us know which ones your favorite, unless you already know. Happy puffing!

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
Pants on but Pipes always out ; ) As all have said pipe pics :puffpipe:
I think a good thing to share with all is how long roughly were the pipes in storage (you said in a garage?) and how did they fair? I would love to know.
Definitely ... WELCOME

I really was thinking that this was going to be a post about a guy who loves to smoke those lacquered flowery painted Tsuges. :puffy:
Welcome, we have a few other "chick pipes smokers" among us. Some are more obvious than others, with some preferring to remain forum gender neutral to keep the herd from hitting on them relentlessly. So, be good guys. Well, at least don't be crass. Hell, who am I kidding? Crap, I have to wear pants on here now?

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Howdy & welcome from upcountry SC also! As sablebrush said, Barlings are a sign of class & couth. Two of my very favorites from BITD were Barlings, one a billiard & the other saddle-bit Lovat that just screamed businessman elegance. My current quest is to find one that comes close to it. :) Glad to have you here!

Status
Not open for further replies.