PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I've been to a lot of pipe shows, so know how difficult it is to find people that you've met on forums and message boards but never seen. You ask around, and 1) no one knows their real name... "Oh yeah... Zebrasmoker! Great guy, right? Don't know his realworld name or what he looks like, though.... good luck!" or; 2) the person you ask doesn't frequent the board where his lifelong best friend John Smith uses the handle Zebrasmoker, so has no idea who you're talking about.
So, I thought, maybe a thread dedicated to "recently taken, real world looking" photos of those who plan on going to Chicago might help.
Though doing that would cost me a camera lens (my face cracks 'em like clockwork), it would be worth it to lessen my chance of standing next to, say, Oldgeezersmoker for twenty minutes in the banquet line, only to find out a week later that that had been the case. Or that we'd had adjacent hotel rooms and had nodded at each other in passing a dozen times. Or in a restaurant. Etc.
You get the idea.
Any interest? (Or a bad idea for some reason I can't think of)

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
11bswtl.jpg

This is me, I'll be there, my real world name in Matt Johnson.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Historically, there has been a table in the tent on Saturday for people from pipe forums to meet. PipesMagazine could meet at 1:00. ABC forum meets there at 2:00. XYZ forum meets at 3:00. I will ask Craig about this on this Saturday at the CPCC meeting.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
For those who don't know me, I look like my avatar. I probably will be wearing a fishing vest. The vest has WINTON written on it.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
This is me, and you know I'll be wearing a vest. Sue Bender and I will be signing people into the show, at the entry table, on Saturday.

See y'all there.

Dino

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
OK, it seems to be catching on. :D
Here's a pic that's definitely current. A freeze-frame from a video shot a few minutes ago. :lol: (those things always catch you leaning forward to shut them off)
GMD.jpg

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Don't be ridiculous. Old, yes. Mean? I volunteer at a rainbow farm raising fluffy widdle bunnies on weekends, and have TWO smiley stickers in my truck's back window.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
George, lololol. Yeah I can just picture your bumper stickers. They probably say, "Go ahead tailgate me and I'll shoot your fucking face off". Smiley's my ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.