PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Went to the pipe show (I'm about an hour away in northern IL). First things first, here it is.

alden-0514-600x448.jpg

I'm smoking this for the second time today and I couldn't be happier with this Alden pipe. This cute little billiard is super light and is smoking sweet right out of the bag. It has a nice open draw and is constructed well. It also came with a longer, churchwarden style stem which I have yet to use. The finish on the pipe is also very nice, I'll try to take some better pictures in the future.
During the sale on Saturday I had a quick chat with Ryan Alden(Lonestar)and he seemed like a really nice guy. Ryan, thanks for the pipe and I'll post a picture from time to time.
I also got two tins of McCranie's Red flake and some Smoker's Haven tobacco.
As for the rest of the show, it was ok.

Aug 1, 2012
I've been eying that pipe on his site for a while. Glad you got it and that it smokes well. A guy could build a rotation from just his pipes and be happy.
And yes, he is a really nice guy.

moonman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 23, 2014
Very nice pipe...enjoy it, I would love to go to a show like that

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Comgrats on a very nice pipe. And you say the Chicago show was just OK???? Sounds like you were disapointed??

As for the Germain Cognac Mixture, it's a great aromatic with very satisfying flavor. Enjoy.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
That is so great to hear! I made this pipe just hoping it would be perfect for someone and it looks like it found its way home.

I really had a great time at the show and loved chatting with you Saturday. Too bad the whole forum can't meet at a show !

Here's to many years of sweet smokes my friend!

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I also met him when the Dallas/Ft. Worth pipers met and I agree he's a quality dude. I can also tell you the pictures don't do his pipes justice.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
It makes a nice pair with my Stanwell featherweight, one of my favorite pipes (shown in the back). They both come in just under 5".
It's got a nice spot in the rotation.

alden3-600x448.jpg

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats on that Alden! The two stems feature is really nice and I like the blast on the pipe too.

Status
Not open for further replies.