Remember to take lots of photos guys, to share

with those of us who cannot attend!

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Kevin is already in Chicago and I will beheading to the airport tomorrow morning. I will try to get on and keep everyone updated, but I can't make any promises. It is going to be a busy and hectic 4 days. I might not be back on until Monday night or Tuesday.
Hope to see some of you guys there!

porshcigar

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Naperville
I am at the show. Quite a few people are already here, and today is the big day for arrivals. The Dunhill and Charatan focus groups meet tonight, and guys are selling pipes in their rooms. The big smoking tent opened yesterday afternoon, and I met quite a few guys from around the world enjoying pipes and cigars.

brazz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2009
Enjoy yourselves guys. I am jealous as hell.I twould be great to share a smoke w/a fellow piper. That probably the worse part of my new hobby, besides you guys I have no one to share the pleasure of pipe smoking with.

brazz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2009
Thanks Phil. Maybe someday The whole gang could meet at the pipe show. Only a .... pipe dream ,but would'nt that be great.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I figured that I would give you guys a quick update.
We have been super busy the last couple of days and have been trying to cover as much as we can, but there is so much going on it is impossible to be able to cover everything.
We have met a lot of people and quite a few of them are members here.
Pstlpkr, I have not seen Raymond yet. I did see a guy in the smoking tent last night that was wearing a kilt, but it was not him. I talked to the guy (I forgot his name because I had a few too many drinks) and he was a really cool guy. I will keep looking for Raymond though.

Also, as of right now, Kevin and I are going to be in the slow smoking contest. It will be a bit of a challenge being contestants and covering the event, but we will handle it.
OK guys, I have to run. Will talk to you all later!

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Man Bob I sure hate to see y'all slavin' away so hard. Real dedication man. Smoking pipes, talking pipes, hob nobbing and being forced to drink free booze.
Keep your chin up brother you'll struggle through somehow.

rbergum95

Lurker
Apr 28, 2010
I did see a guy in the smoking tent last night that was wearing a kilt, but it was not him. I talked to the guy (I forgot his name because I had a few too many drinks) and he was a really cool guy.
the guy wearing the kilt was a friend of mine who is attending the show. his name is hadley. he really is a great guy and has a fantastic pipe being delivered to him at the show. you will definitely know it is for him when you see it.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
phil said - IDEA!
How about next year, members have the option to "Order" pipesmagazine.com shirt's like the Bosses? Then they can wear them at the shows... of course they would have the Logo...
Sure, we can do that. They would be in the $50 - $60 range, including shipping and embroidery, and they are super nice shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.