PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

porshcigar

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Naperville
The Chicago Pipe Show held the second annual Chicago Bowl tobacco contest at the 2015 Show. The 2015 contest was for best Virginia or Virginia/Perique blend. The best blend chosen by the 1000+ international pipe smokers at the Chicago Show was McClelland VIRGINIA No. 27 (Matured Virginias). Eight great blenders entered their blend in this blind contest for this people’s choice award, and it was a very close vote to make the hard choice for the best blend. The blenders and their blends are revealed after the voting, but only the winner is announced, so there is no loser in this contest. Congratulations to the McClelland Tobacco Company for Virginia No. 27.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
#27 was my favorite. After the contest was over, I went to the table to fill a ziplock, but #27 was empty. I did get a bag of C&D's Popular Camp. I enjoyed that, but my son did not. He quickly dumped his pipe and filled it with a mello aromatic that I shared with him earlier that morning.
It was fun to teach my son how to smoke a pipe at the smoking tent on Sunday. I wish I had had someone show me when I picked up the pipe about five years ago.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I can certainly see why No. 27 would come out on top. Congratulations to the good people of McClelland!

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
Anyone take a picture or write down the other blend results? I think #98 was Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake?

porshcigar

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Naperville
Here is the complete list of the numbers, blenders and blends in the 2015 Chicago Bowl Contest:
98**Arango Cigar Company: Wessex Brigade
37**Cornell & Diehl: Poplar Camp
54**G. L. Pease: Threepenny Opera
27**Hearth & Home Marquee Series, PipesandCigars.com, Russ Ouellette: Viprati
59**Hermit Tobacco: Captain Earle Honor Blend
82**McClelland Tobacco Company: Black Parrot
71**McClelland Tobacco Company: Virginia #27
76**Scandanavian Tobacco Group, Lane Ltd., 125th Anniversary Blend
68**Stokkebye 4th Generation: 1855

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I was there Friday morning and tried the 4th generation. I tried it because it smelled the sweetest, I'm not the biggest perique fan, but I like va.
I might pick up a tin.

markeh

Lurker
Jul 23, 2010
Anyone have any information on:
I can find no listing on Greg's web site, http://www.glpease.com/, or on tobacco reviews.
Or anywhere else, for that matter....

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
Anyone have any information on:
I can find no listing on Greg's web site, http://www.glpease.com/, or on tobacco reviews.
Or anywhere else, for that matter....
No info on it, but that happens to be the only blend that I didn't sample during the contest, and the only sample I took from at the end of the day. I still have a bowls worth if you want to try it.
Just PM me your address

Status
Not open for further replies.