PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Just finished this one- capped the shank with Osage orange and made the pipe holder out of Osage Orange as well. (Actually finished it yesterday but saw Dar's post on his Osage Orange Pipe and I decided to wait to post it until today. Great minds think alike!)
2wgbpyg.jpg

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
I love the way it works- burns way too easy when you're buffing it...I think I'm in the mood to do a funky blowfish next. This was way too close to a traditional shape for me...:)

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Dar,
Don't feel bad- I live in a 50 year old cottage with a tiny 1 car garage in downtown Sarasota. My sanding and buffing table is 8' long that rolls outside when I'm making dust- blow it clean with a leafblower when I'm finished. The only thing stationary is the Grizzly 9x20 metal lathe- big help on a variety of tasks. In about 6 months, we're moving to a house with 2.5 car garage that will be converted into a full blown pipe workshop with heavy duty sandblaster, 12x36 metal lathe, and most importantly- nice leather chairs to enjoy a smoke and a refrigerator full of cold beer...25 years ago, I made my first 100 pipes with a $50 drill press, a used bandsaw,a half horse motor with arbor, and lots of cold beer...some things never change...:)

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
That is a beautiful pipe. I have been eyeing a few Cherrywoods.

Status
Not open for further replies.