PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
hey guys and gals!
Sorry I've been so out of the loop lately, hope everyone is doing well. Looking for a decent cherry flavored tobacco. I've tried a few house blends and they've all left me a pool of goop at the end of the bowl, burned hot, and bite like crazy. I've had a shopkeeps tell me that's just how cherry tobacco works.
I'm sure some of you fellow pipers can point me in a good direction. Doesn't have to be just cherry. Cherry with vanilla or other cool flavoring is good too!
Thanks fellas!

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
Sutliff's St. George's Blend from their Private Stock tobaccos is a pretty solid black cherry flavor. It's a bit moist straight upon opening the tin, but I found that if you just put the amount you want to smoke on a paper towel and pop it in the microwave on high for 5-10 seconds it kills off most of the unwanted moisture and the blend smokes incredibly well.

mephistopheles

Oct 14, 2014
The search function helps a lot.
Try this: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/best-cherry-tobacco#post-518843
I bumped that thread about a month ago. There are a ton of recommendations. Hope that helps.

jrtaster

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2009
PW&W Cherry Cavendish and Top Black Cherry both satisfy my cherry sweet tooth!

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
Lane Very Cherry, I have like 4oz of it. Smoked one bowl nice and dry, very flavorful. I am not a fan or aros anymore so its been jarred up for a few months. I'd be willing to do a trade for something (I know I don't meet the requirements for this site yet) just PM if you want. Happy Hunting

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
G&H Top Black Cherry, Sutliff St. George's Blend, and Dutch Masters Cherry Cavendish. McClelland's Three Cherry Blend is pretty decent, too.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A Forums member kindly sent me a generous supply of Newminster Very Cherry #3, which I have jarred. It

is not over-moist or goopey by my reckoning, and is tobacco forward but still has a clear cherry tang.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
I have a couple of the C&D cherry as well as McC three cherry blend. None of these seem goopy and you get a tobacco forward taste.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I will happily offload a half ounce of Hobbit's Weed. I hate the stuff and it has been jarred for over a year.

nachman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2013
I am not much of an aromatic smoker, but one of the few aromatics I find pleasant is Boswells Bear Blend. It is a caramel cherry blend. I have sot smoked the other Boswell cherry blends such as Pennsylvania Dutch Treat, but they get high marks.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I would try Jm Boswells Pennsylvania Dutch treat as well as their bear blend.. Lane makes a very cherry but it comes off to me as a very fake cough syrup cherry.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I'm partway through a tin of Eric the Red (Bjarne Viking, via STG/Lane) - it smells like a cherry Slurpee in the tin, or perhaps a Starburst fruit chew, but mellows nicely once you set it on fire... :D
Then again, I'm one of those guys who actually enjoys Paladin Black Cherry. I also once grossed out a bartender by ordering a shot of cherry brandy and slamming it like cough syrup (which is pretty much exactly why I ordered the shot). My taste may be a tad suspect. 8O

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
Caminetto Barolo:
"Classic blend of Golden and Old Belt Virginias, Burley, and Orientals with a fruity blend of traditional Cherry".
This is the only cherry I found that I could both smoke and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.