PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
davet sent me some Captain Black Red Sky, and I'm loving it!
In one thread or another I was bemoaning the lack of a cherry aromatic that didn't bite and actually had a bit of cherry taste. davet PM'd me saying he was sending some Captain Black Red Sky. I thought it a very kind gesture, but wasn't really holding out much hope...
Man, was I wrong! This is cool burning, not at all biting, and actually tastes (subtly) of cherry. Like every aromatic I've ever tried, the smell is stronger than the taste, but the taste is definitely there.
So, just a "Thank you" to davet, and a hearty recommendation for CB Red Sky ($7.99/tin at Pipes and Cigars) to anyone who has been searching for an actually good Cherry Aro.
BTW, I've also heard good things about Cult Blood Red Moon. I have a tin, but haven't opened it yet. Someday I'll post a comparison.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I'm glad you liked it, I've wondered why no one ever mentions it. One of my must haves, there are more tins of this in my cabinet than anything else ( not counting my hoard of Peter Stokkebye English blends). I tried Cult BRM it's very good and enjoyed it but I'll stock up on Red Sky instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.