PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
"Looking for a really good room note"
Then I suggest you buy a scented candle and spare yourself a rookie mistake.
Just trying to help.

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
My parents gave me a bag of Smokers Pride Cherry Cavendish, room note is nice, but prepare for tongue bite if you don't let it dry overnight, tends to smoke pretty wet.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
perhaps you have a candle suggestion bigvan, are you a scented candle distributor? :rofl:

I just like to have a tobacco to go to that does not offend my family when I smoke around them and friends

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Before you defame the cherry blends out there,there is someone(who shall remain nameless)on this site that does like a certain cherry blend(Paladin)and touts its greatness.I believe the quote is"Don't look behind the curtain"

:rofl:

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
"Looking for a really good room note"
Then I suggest you buy a scented candle and spare yourself a rookie mistake.
I still like aros, but Big Van makes a good point.
I must have tried 20 aros in order to please the family, to no avail. The main reason is that even aros will still leave the house smelling like stale tobacco the next day. The best cure I've found is incense. I light one or two while smoking and the next day that smell over powers the stale tobacco odor.
Scented candles are the next best bet - but you have to buy quality. The cheap walmart stuff doesn't cut it. Got to go with Yankee Candles.

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
Lane limited very cherry is not bad . Though I'm not a cherry blend lover . It has to dry for about an hour first , bosswells is even better .

rondyr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2012
Bel Air, MD
I thought that cherry might be nice, so I tried Captain Black Cherry. Now, I actually really like Captain Black White (regular), but holyfriggincrap the CB-C was the most godawful crap I've ever tasted. I don't know how to really explain this, but it tasted exactly like how a woman's Yankee Candle cherry candle smells. I know that makes no sense, but there it is. I smoked two bowls of it just to give it another shot, and then promptly shoved the package into the drawer.
The package should still be good; if someone actually likes it or is brave enough to try it, I'll be happy to mail it to you.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
Tweksbury & Co.'s "Hobbit's Weed" is a cherry blend, that gets rave reviews. Other than that, I haven't tried very many others. Paladin Black Cherry was decent and even Captain Black Cherry was...ok. But I couldn't smoke either of those two with any regularity.
I hear Mac Baren's 7 Seas Red is really good, however I have not tried it myself.

tuckahoe

Lurker
Feb 1, 2012
Mac Baren's 7 Seas Red is good. I haven't smoked it in 2-3 months now so I don't remember what the room note was like.

lafraas

Lurker
Dec 15, 2012
Austin, Texas
When I was in the Army back in the 1970s, I used to smoke Borkum Riff Cherry rolled in pink rolling papers. I got a lot of funny looks riding behind a 50 cal. machine gun with a pink cigarette hanging out my lips. I always liked the flavor.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I don't smoke aromatics much anymore but my favorite cherry blend was Boswells Pennsylvania Dutch Treat. No bite and tastes like chocolate covered cherries. I get a sweet tooth every now and again so I might have a bowl...

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I used to smoke Captain Black Cherry little cigars before I knew any better; I don't know if that tastes anything like the pipe tobacco...
Top Black Cherry is the only blend that I ever threw up from after smoking.
I think I had food poisoning, but the negative connotations remain. I gag when I smell the stuff.
I did not find it vile at first, but I certainly didn't like it either. Then I got sick and now I can never smoke it again...
Similarly, I am pretty much turned from any kind of aromatic black cavendish.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Top Black Cherry is the only blend that I ever threw up from after smoking.
I think I had food poisoning, but the negative connotations remain. I gag when I smell the stuff.
That's too bad! I just tried it and I like it myself, I'd recommend it to the OP.
If it doesn't have to be specifically cherry, I'd recommend Lord Methley from 4noggins. It's got quite the berry blast smell from the bag, but is quite tasty when lit. Great room note too, good for getting your fruit on...

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
He may love the stuff, it all depends on what he expects.
Perhaps I was expecting a medicinal "Halls" cough drop cherry like I was used to from the Captain Black.
Instead, Top Black Cherry is more of a sweet cherry liqueur taste. It is like a cherry dessert instead of a "synthesized" cherry blast that you'd probably find in an American aromatic.
How would you describe it Ghost?
*By the way I'm not trying to knock the blend - just relaying past experiences...

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Similar experience, it actually reminded me of a real cherry-like taste, and I was definitely not expecting that. I assumed it would be more candy-like. I found the cherry present during the smoke, but not obnoxious if that makes sense. It needs some drying time, so if the OP tries it definitely air it out for awhile first. I'm dedicating a pipe to it, as I'm expecting it to ghost :!: but I'm also suspecting that keeping it in one pipe might actually enhance the taste after awhile. We'll see...
Of course the room note is pleasant to me, but YMMV with your friends and fam.

Jul 15, 2011
In my opinion, MacBaren 7 Seas Red is as good a cherry blend as youll find, high quality leaf and awesome taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.