PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Since cracking open my first tin of Dunhill 965 a few weeks ago I've been almost exclusively smoking that blend. Today is my taxi driving day with the kids so when I asked my son what he wanted for dinner, he said McDonald's (he just turned 5,whaddya gonna do). Well I had a burger and fries and since I was keeping it simple decided on a bowl of Carter Hall after dinner. Sometimes the basics are just a fantastic way to end the day. Have a good evening folks.
Brian

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I sympathize for those that don't have good old fashioned burger joints near them. Stay strong.
I can smoke CH by itself but it really is a better aid to other blends. I'm still experimenting mixing it into other blends I have.
Really fun.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
I love Big Mac's. There, I've admitted it.
Carter Hall is a great smoke.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Carter Hall is a good basic tobacco, and I have plenty on hand. However, I'm not all that crazy about it as it's too reminiscent of cigarette tobacco. That might sound strange coming from me as I'm a cigarette smoker for 50 years and trying to wean myself off of them. So, I certainly don't need that taste with a pipe. With that said; I find it a great tobacco to blend with various straight black Cavendish aero's such as Lane BCA, Captain Black dark, Boswell's 'Paradise', etc.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Spartan, we have lots of good burger joints joints around but the little guy rules the roost and he likes the happy meal so he can get a toy. There's a local joint called Mr Burger that is great but at 5 my boy wants his McDonald's! Hopefully he'll grow out of it, Lol.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
So there is hope!
I swear that I don't understand why there are McDonalds(or any other sub par fast food joints) in san Antonio with Bill Millers around.(great local BBQ place)
Big mac, or brisket po'boy? Same price, better quality food, great service, no bullshit.
And the just opened there seafood restaurant right next to their BBQ place! I swear their coconut shrimp are the best shrimp I've ever tasted in my life.
So much good food to be wasting time at places that serve fake meat.
Although I have been guilty of many hundreds of 50 piece chicken mcnugget orders. Good drunk food, can't stand it sober.
Kind of like CH, if I've been drinking quite a few i'll most likely light up a comfort blend as opposed to the more expensive blends whose flavor I cannot fully appreciate in my cheery state.
If anyone has suggestions on a nuttier burley, let me know. Because Prince Albert and Sir Walter Raleigh are far better than CH imp.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Sorry, but my freaking African Grey parrot was throwing a fit for some reason and I inadvertently hit 'Send Post' before I was finished.
I had meant to add that whatever long standing and well known tobacco whether it be Carter Hall, Prince Albert, etc. gives one a good smoke and finds it enjoyable is all that really matters when all is said and done. I imagine that there are indeed those moments when a certain forgotten/neglected tobacco just seems to hit the spot at the time! :wink:

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
Sometimes Carter Hall just hits the spot. In the morning, with a cup of coffee -- it's especially good in a cob.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
My son is turning 8 tomorrow. I asked him what he wanted for his birth day dinner." Any thing you want little man." He asked for a hot dog with cheese on top. I thought, "umm? OK' that's easy." What can I say that's what he wants. Simple pleasures, he is easy to please.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Yep, simple isn't necessarily better, but there are times when you just a want a no fuss kind of meal and smoke. Spartan I hear you on the fast food, I'm a veteran of the fast food wars for 12 years (in marketing now couldn't hack the crazy hours anymore) so I know what you mean with sub par food. I can guarantee its not fake meat (and I didn't work for McD's, Taco Bell here) as the fast food joints are under greater scrutiny than any other type of restaurant. A major fast food joint is the safest place to eat, bar none, than any other type of restaurant. Why McDonalds? Convenient, fast and consistent. I agree completely, we have a fantastic BBQ joint around here called Buster Rhinos, they've gone south and won competitions but you need to plan the time and the little man hasn't developed a taste for smoked BBQ yet. Don't worry though, I'm working on it!

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
Not quite the same thing but the other day I finished the day with a nice bowl of Peterson Luxury Blend and developed a craving for honey so I had a couple pieces of buttered toast with honey on them. Very simple. But I'm still trying to figure out why the craving? :puffpipe:
BTW - I'll go way out of my way for good BBQ!

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Well Tastea is what happens when you do 90% of your posts using a smartphone and have fat fingers. It was supposed to read Tastes. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.