PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brooklynpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2018
3 most common lies, my friends.
Recently acquired some bulk tobacco from one of the big sellers. One arrived in a baggie that wasn't zipped all the way and the edges of the flakes were looking worse for the wear. I was out of jars and ran to the nearest store. Bought some knock off air tight jars b/c that was all they had at any of the stores near me. Few days later, I check on the tobacco. Sure enough, we were even less moist. One jar had a chip the inner lip-I think just from me tightening the jar and there was broken glass in my tobac. I had ordered more Ball jars online just to have on hand and transferred the non-glass dusted tobacco into them this AM.
Figured with all the talk on storage lately, and with my being so heavily in the camp of jar it up, I'd share my nightmare with you all. Name brand jars, folks.
Hope your morning wasn't as much of a scare.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I use strictly Ball jars because that's what they sell at our local Walmart.
A local farmer once a week will bring and sell his homemade salsa, pickled veggies and fruit jams at my wife's work (mini farmers market). He uses Ball jars. I will wash the empty jam jars in the dishwasher and use them as emergency jars just in case I run out of jars. I can't use the pickled or salsa jars...I never can get the pickle/salsa smell out of them. When I go to my local Tinder Box I'll buy an ounce of a blend to try and then I use the jam jars.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Bail top bad? I have a whole reconsideration to do here. Another greatest lie is "free kitten." By the time you get the food, litter and litter box, and toys, you're already seeing some cash flow ... out. Then you take your kitten to the vet. But once the bond is sealed, you just go ahead. Ain't no free kitten.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Yeah, bail tops are a no go here too. Lost several pounds to drying out a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.