PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
Greetings one and all! It's been a while since I've posted anything here- the wife and I welcomed our 2nd child to the world in October last year, virtually eliminating my already depleted available smoking and forum-interacting time. Here's a pic of the two priority definers from Christmas.

christmas-kids2-1-25-16-600x400.jpg

I've been observing the goings-on here at pipesmagazine from time to time (anyone want to buy some Penzance? :twisted: ) and just about the only time I can enjoy a smoke right now is the 30 minute drive in to work in the mornings. Rather than perfect the art of packing a partial bowl in one of my larger pipes, I've relegated myself to smoking one pipe, this nifty mini-meerschaum with a bowl size perfect for a 30 minute smoke.

img_20150512_165958_714-600x337.jpg

On to the "shout-out" portion. This morning's smoke is what motivated me to finally log in and post something. I took a small sample of Bald Headed Teacher from the Box Pass last year, but never got around to trying it. This morning I did, and it was worth the wait. I consider BHT a mild English, some consider it an aro-crossover, but my palate is not refined enough to pick out any toppings or casings. Anyway, I really enjoyed the flavor- the latakia is there but not overbearing, the Virginias are noticeable and it left me a chocolatey aftertaste. I'm usually someone who appreciates variety, but if I had to smoke only BHT all day I wouldn't complain at all.
Anyway, I'll continue to be around from time to time, but it doesn't look like I'll be getting my post count to purple any time soon. Stay smokey, friends!

davidintexas

Jun 4, 2013
Congratulation Eric. Enjoy those kids before they grow up. It happens so fast and my five are already adults

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Two good reasons to spend less time on the forum for sure. All the best to you. :puffy:

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
congrats my man, its hard work being a dad, but at the same time very rewarding!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.