Check Out What Jasongone Did to This Prince! (Pic Heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
6 Fresh Castello Pipes
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
I sent this Prince shaped pipe off to Mr. Jason Gone for one of his world famous rustication jobs. I was starting to get worried because I hadn't heard from him in a while and thought my pipe might have gotten lost in the mail. Then, yesterday, I had to take the car in to get new brakes and dropped almost $200 in the process. I was a bit bummed because I knew I was going to be flat broke until I got paid again. Then, today, there was a mysterious box on my doorstep, its origin unknown. When I ripped it open, you guys wouldn't believe the look of joy that was spread on my face.
DSCN0712.jpg

DSCN0710.jpg

DSCN0708.jpg

DSCN0707.jpg

He also included this nifty little piece of artwork, which is rather beautiful and I'm guessing was the work of his talented hands.

DSCN0704.jpg

He also was horribly generous and sent some Jackknife Plug for me to try.

DSCN0703.jpg

DSCN0702.jpg

This little guy has some beautiful grain on it

DSCN0701.jpg

DSCN0700.jpg

Mr. Jason has told me that he might have some pics laying around of when he first stripped the finish prior to rustication. Let's hope he will be generous enough to post them. The work that he did on this pipe has absolutely exceeded my expectations and will be cherished by me for years to come. Jason, in the name of all that is holy, thank you! It will see its maiden voyage later on tonight!

Jul 15, 2011
I have a Sav Morinio Bulldog I've been tempted to ask him to rusticate for me and this just proves it would be well worth it.
It is 100% worth it. Jason hit this one out of the park. He turned a little $5 ebay junker into a work of art. I don't know how to begin to thank him.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
It will see its maiden voyage later on tonight!
Hold on a minute. Have you finished those 50,000 words? :D

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Jason Gone is the MAN! He did this bulldog for me and it is my first "dedicated pipe". He's a true artist and very generous with his talent and time!
b3335502.jpg

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
He does an amazing job of working with the grain to produce great contrast and a stunning effect on the overall appearance. Mine was a Longchamp I got for $5 also, but looked like hell when I got it and the leather had rotted off. It's one of my most beautiful pipes now.

Jul 15, 2011
Mine was a Longchamp I got for $5 also, but looked like hell when I got it and the leather had rotted off. It's one of my most beautiful pipes now.
This little no name pipe had a crack in the rim and had a really nasty gouge in the side of the pipe which looked horrible. When I sent it to him, all I asked of him was to cover up that gouge on the side and maybe hide the crack in the rim and I gave him free reign to do whatever else he wanted to it. I agree that this is also my most beautiful pipe. Now I'm trying to decide what I'm going to load in it first. Squadron Leader? 7 Seas Royal? Or maybe dig in to that Jackknife Plug?

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I dedicated mine to 3 Oaks Syrian. Jason and I both agreed my pipe was screaming for a dark English and when I mentioned 3 Oaks, he was blown away because that's what he had been smoking while doing the rust job. So that was that.
Like you, I just gave him a basic idea (in my case a wax effect) and let him run wild. He came out like gangbusters! Your pipe has a cool star-burst thing going on. Very Nice!

Jul 15, 2011
I think I've decided to give this Jackknife Plug a shot. Been a while since I smoked a good Virginia. Will save that smoke for after dinner, me thinks. Still cant wait to hear from Jason and see if he has a few before pics. Thanks for the kind words guys!

Jul 15, 2011
All right everyone. Just had my first smoke of the Jason Gone pipe and it smokes like a dream. The rustication feels great in the hands and the pipe has a nice wide open draw. Smoked a bowl full of the Jackknife Plug, which was cut thin and fully rubbed out. The bowl lasted me a good hour, and the tobacco had a nice hearty sweetness to it, very robust in flavor and one of the only Virginia blends that didn't scorch the crap out of my tongue. Great pipe, good tobacco. What more could a guy ask for? Jason, I seriously have no idea how to begin thanking you.

Status
Not open for further replies.