PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I smoke cigarettes (regretfully) and at one time I tried the e-cigs to stop. A total failure, at least for me, and did not enjoy them at all. As a matter of fact I joined two e-cig forum sites and I'll have to say that many of the people, certainly not all, are one brick short of a full load and a tad freaky with their electronic gizmo obsession. ;)

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
Well I do not know e-pipe that much but I am a old timer also a good timer.

I love my pipes and my tobacco so much.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Phil67 wrote:
"a tad freaky with their . . . obsession."
Sounds awful. Here, we're just freaky obsessed with our TAD.
Bob

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Wow, I was wondering when some monstrosity like that would show up! At least it looks like a pipe, and not like some mini bong! I know several guys who are "vape" users, but myself, I don't see the point in it. To each his own, I suppose.

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
After about ten years of heavy cigarette smoking, I decided last July to drop cigarettes all together. I made an easy and instantaneous transition to e-gigs without skipping a beat. If you've ever seen a nebulizer that an asthmatic might use to administer albuterol... well, the e-cigs are a compact version of the same device, and the drug of choice is nicotine. I do not enjoy "vaping". I do not see it as glamorous, or cool. I do not do it for the fancy flavours. For me, vaping is a tool used to closely control the dosage of nicotine administered, slowly working my way down the levels, toward the end goal of no longer being addicted to nicotine. I started at 26mg, have worked my way down to 8mg, and will soon be at 0mg and will be able to put it down forever, leaving me nothing but to smoke and enjoy only my pipes, for which I have never had a "chemical dependency".
The packaging of the vaporizer does not concern me, and I see no sense in making one look like a pipe. Furthermore, as a pipemaker, I have had the not so pleasurable experience of being offended when asked if I would consider making "e-pipes" to reach this expanding market. I would no sooner make a pipe shaped food-processor.
This thing is not a pipe. It is a pipe shaped tool.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Has absolutely nothing to do with smoking as far as I can see, This vape madness. I have a few friends that do this. Ok, they are doing it to get off of the fags and for most they have stopped smoking them. And good for them. This seems to me to be a logical use for such a device. Most accept one friend who will go outside of the pub for 2 fags. (always 2. He is a little OCD) then come back in the pub and start sucking away on this e cig thing he has.
Some however have adopted this as some kind of lifestyle choice.
The funny thing is that some of these acquaintances laugh at my pipe smoking all the while they have this bright green throbbing light hanging from there face. It would be laughable if it were not so tragic.
And what does annoy me about them is the god awful noise they make when they are sucking on them. They sound like over active children desperately sucking the dregs out of that Coka Cola cup in the cinema.
I am not convinced that it is particularly good for you either. Every time someone insists on ramming one of these sickly sweet things in my face and screams try it I invariably start coughing and wheezing. Which I find interesting having been a cigarette smoker for 17 years.
I am of the same school of thought as Teufelhund on this matter. Either smoke or don't. And certainly don't ram one in my face. I would not dream of ramming my pipe in yours.
Each to their own I do believe however this craze will happily pass me by.
James

fishingandpipes

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2013
My e-cig is likely the only thing that will ever get me off cigarettes, and I'm OK with it.
Pipes are for tobacco meant for enjoyment, in the manner that a rare steak might not be the best thing for you but it quite enjoyable. E-cigs, and cigarettes, are for the drug, the way one might go to McDonald's.
Neither e-cigs or cigarettes are all that enjoyable, but the job gets done. One kills you quick, one doesn't. Easy equation. I'm willing to risk health for my pipe, cigarettes, not so much.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I'm trying to figure out why one would get one of these.
Is is to use when in a 'non-smoking' enviornment? Can you use this inside a public place?
Does it feel and taste like a tobacco pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.