PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Ok, so maybe it's not really kick ass, but its kick ass for me. 20mm circle around the center dot target at 50 feet. 9 targets, 10 straight shots in a row.
Target.jpg

nikko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2011
Good shooting, much better than I could do at the very least. :clap:

Jul 15, 2011
Youre a hell of a lot better shot than I am sir. I could hit the broad side of a barn 4 out of 5 times on a good day. Anything smaller than that, Im boned.

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
now if you'd said that was with a pistol i'd be impressed. with a ppk - real impressed.
but seriously, nice job.

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
Pics and description
This is a site that sells the Talon line. I am a air gun fan in making. Still don't own a big dollar gun, but I want one eventually. Talon is on that list. Pre charged guns seem to be one of the best for small game hunting and all.
First one I am going to get will probably be a Crosman 2240 and upgrade the barrel, add a stock and bulk fill tank. Not an expensive one, but a fun one to hunt squirrels and other small game.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Oh, he's a pretty fair shot Kevin. Most folks sight-in, then let out a breath to relax before they pull the trigger.

But Haunted squeezes out a fart between rounds: phrrrt-bang! phrrrt-bang! phrrrt-bang! phrrrt-bang!

It's a sight to behold, excuse the pun. :rofl:

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
The Talon/Condor is a pretty cool gun. I'm really just a noob with it. It's more of air gun system than a regular gun. There are tons of mods for it and you can go from a 12" .177 to a 24" .22 in about 5 minutes and then there are some really wicked mods for it like shooting arrows. This kid killed a pig with an arrow modified version!
0332.jpg

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Modified to shoot arrows at about 400 fps. Some guys have .25 caliber pellet version approaching 100fpe. In america, we think of air rifles as the Red Ryder youth gun but people forget air rifles are used before gun powder rifles. There were air rifles powerful enough to bring down elk. In the 17th century, air guns, in calibers .30–.51, were used to hunt big game deer and wild boar.
http://youtu.be/0Q7mnsZ70D8

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
"air rifles are used before gun powder rifles"
Really? The Chinese were using black powder firearms in the 13th century, and I think Europe and the Middle East followed about 200 years later. Air rifles predate all those?!

Status
Not open for further replies.