PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I was searching for pipe rack designs on Google and came across this incredible display.
I don't know where it is from, or any details, but this is a nice rack.
6dc100bc4b72e9285ca244dca2e95a85--pipe-rack-cigar-humidor.jpg

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Story goes like this. Previous company I worked for had copier issues. This company owed us a favor and let us use theirs.

This is the conference room. Owners father(now passed) smoked and collected as you can see. Current owner is approx. mid 60's in age. The pipes ranged in time from from 40's-70's. I handled a few, but could not tell you of any specific makes except I saw Kaywoodies. Probably 700-800 pipes.

I could have looked for hours, but was on task.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I've seen that one too while searching for exactly the same thing.
I could have looked for hours, but was on task.
That's some serious self control you've got there, Jason. I couldn't imagine not being able to look at each and every one of them.

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
How would you even decide? "Hmmm, which shall I smoke today?"

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
If I'm not careful, my 904 collection is going to look like that. Just won another one. :oops:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That is one serious pipe collection. It would be interesting to find out all the different mfgs that are represented in it.
voorhees, ask them to open up on a Saturday for you so you can take pictures and do a little research. Tell them there is a bunch of crazy people on an internet site who get their rocks off looking at pipe pics. I am sure they will oblige you when you put it like that to them.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
They sell insurance and employee benefits. So it’s not like a walk in type business.
I’d love to document the pipes for them. For a few interesting ones for my trouble!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think that is the most pipes I've seen racked in one place. However, some of the larger retailers like Iwan Ries must have vast storage, although probably in boxes on shelves or filed. I think they are said to have 15,000 pipes available for sale. But you wouldn't see them all at once like these. I can't decide if this rack is appealing or if it diminishes the pipes through shear quantity. It certainly invites exploring the individual ones. Interesting back story on these, voorhees. Pretty amazing.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Amazing display. Looks like something out of a movie...possibly a secret escape passage behind the cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.