PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
Some of those are kind of neat, but $200.00 for a cob though?
:clap:
My sentiments exactly! I love my corn cob pipes, but come on...the affordability is part of what makes them so awesome in my book.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
+1 on the expense factor. I try and steer new smokers onto corncobs because they are so affordable. Over the years I have bought – I can't begin to guess how many cobs – and if I lose one or break one, I don't grieve. I just pick up another one and puff away.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Some of those are kind of neat, but $200.00 for a cob though?
Any day of the week, actually twice...Two of those higher priced ones are sitting on my desk. :puffy:
When you figure the hours he puts into them vs. the price, they are not that expensive. ANYONE can have cheap cobs, I have dozens of 'em...

virginiacob

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2013
It's always interesting to see what one can do with the humble corn cob. I find it interesting that he likes to use bamboo shanks. As a cob pipe manufacturer, we like our bamboo as well. Bamboo is extremely durable and offers a great draw. There's a reason it was the stem of choice during the early years of commercial cob pipe manufacture. I tend to be more of a traditionalist when it comes to corn cob pipes, but I can certainly appreciate the time and artistry that Mr. Santia puts into his pipes.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I have one. I think I paid about $80 for it. I was worried that it would smoke hot because of the treated bowl but I've been happy with it. He was a great guy to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.