PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopsie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
I recently bought a Tycoon Lounge pipe lighter, It looks like a Corona Old Boy, but it cost me €16 plus shipping. It arrived today and is working great, I don't know about the longevity or the gas retention yet but it does appear to be a solidly built lighter.
4336.jpg

I can't find any information apart from the website I bought it from, but for the price it cost me if it doesn't last very long at least I didn't pay much for it ans if I lose it I won't be overly upset.
Edit: Capitalized title, L.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Great looking lighter. I have a Colibri that functions great, but if I had seen that one first, I would have tried it.

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
I have a 20 dollar Vector that looks like an Old boy and works great . I also have a 15 dollar Nibo that works good too . Nice lighter you have there also !

dottle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2012
I have basicly the same lighter under the Vertigo name. The only prob Ive had so far is that the small screw that holds the flint assembly on tends to work loose. Its a simple fix, by just removing the case via the bottom philips head screw,and applying some lock tight to the tiny screw holding the flint holder assemly,then re-installing and tightening the screw..hope that helps if if run into the same problem.

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
I picked up a Colibri Jazz on Ebay, buy it now for under $20.00. The seller had a few left in red or blue, great working lighter.

chopsie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2012
After using it a while, I get about 3 days of use after filling and it doesn't always light with first spark. But for the price I payed I'm very happy with it.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
I have picked up a Lotus Vertigo from SP about a year ago for $25. It's an Old Boy knockoff. The weakest point of the system was the flint spring. I had trouble with it sparking so I replaced the spring with a flint spring from a cheap disposable lighter. Has been working pretty good since, although the flint tube has gotten a bit wobbly.

Ditto on having to tighten the screws every now and again. I disassemble the whole thing every month or so and check for anything going haywire or getting dirty. Fairly straightforward operation.

Use high quality butane and keep it in some sort of baggie or case, and you should be okay.

It's been going strong for a year and considering the cost of disposables, I definitely got my $25 worth so far.

hesed

Lurker
Feb 11, 2013
Saw a Tsubota Pearl Eddie over on another site. The reviews were great, and less than the Old Boy. Does anyone own one of these?
hesed

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
Four 5.8 oz. cans of Power 5X, for $17.00 including shipping. It's working great for me. I'm not affiliated with the seller in any way.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321051710575?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Status
Not open for further replies.