Cheap Didital Scales For Weighing Out Your Trades:)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Scales make me nervous. I have buddies who smoke something a little different then tobacco if you catch my drift. A police officer told me that having a scale makes them think your a dealer.
If you don't have buddies like I do then that seems like a great deal.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
I use my digital reloading scale and weigh in grams, since it measures in troy ounces, beside dwt, grams and grains ( I sent a bit too much baccy in a trade weighing in troy oz once ). "Regular" ounce is 28g and troy ounce is 31g .

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Pick up one of those little hanging scales with a clip to hang a baggie from. They are cheap and pretty accurate. Back in the day I did a comparison with one and an expensive digital scale. It was spot on. You can find one in any head shop.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I've been smoking a pipe for 24 years and haven't had a need for a scale yet.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
I've got one of the little hanging scales that was left in a used car I bought, seems to be accurate, however it mostly just sits in a drawer. When I give friends some of my tobacco to try, I just use the handful method.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Well. I have nothing to worry about at all. There is no kind of any drug that's not prescribed in my home. Well asprin, and children Tylanol. Heck, I was expecting everyone to say they already had the exact set of scales. I eyeballed my first trade. I dumped the tin, broke it down into 7 parts because i figured i smoked and oz, then i added to the largest one. I have a few trades coming up and didnt want anyone to say i shorted them and get a bad name. Well Guess I'm still the idiot who posted the threat "I'm An Idiot". It was my 2nd or 3rd post.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Lol Shawn, you're not an idiot, and nothing wrong with wanting to be a fair and honest person. A mans actions speak louder than words...

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I use a nice digital scale that a friend like photoman's gave me haha any cheap scale will do especially if it for things you are trading and not selling.

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
Nah, You're not an idiot. When I give a sample away, I just throw some baccy in a zip lock bag.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Well these weigh from .01gm to a kilo for $7.19 shipped.I figured i can't go wrong. They're even shipped from the USA so no 3 week late like when you get stuff from china!!!! :puffy:

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
So far I just say how many bowls are out of a tin. I've only given samples to a few people but no one has complained so far lol.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Honestly I don't do the so called drugs. I don't have an addictive personality and all I mean is mary jane. Plus I had ex-roommates that did it casually. I'm just a little overly paranoid.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
for $7 and change w/shipping those look like they would be handy for all sorts of stuff.. thanks for the tip.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I'd just tell the police that I trade tobacco a lot :P I have a digital scale specifically for trades that I purchased before I made my first one on here (I try to think of everything in advance). I just like to be fair, and I am terrible at guessing, it just never sat right with me. Some people are better at it than others; personally, I like having the piece of mind that whatever I have stated is in the bag, is in the bag. It also helps a lot when mixing differint blends together to always get the porportions right, which I sometimes do in my experiments when a blend just isn't quite right.
Buying a postal scale would be a good idea if your into shipping items via USPS a lot and don't want to waste your time in their office... You can get them on Ebay for $18, free ship. Appaerntly they are accurate within .1oz for the first 0-25 pounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.