PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
Here are the latest information for the Chattanooga Pipe Show. We have all 3 conference rooms reserved at the Chattanooga Billiard Club East (http://cbcburns.com/banquets/) for September 21st. The event is scheduled to go from 10 am to 5 pm.
Additionally, a block of smoking rooms has been reserved at the Hampton Inn just up the street. They will also be providing free shuttle service to and from the event if you need it. You can call them at (423) 855-0095. Just mention the Chattanooga Pipe Club when booking to get the group discount.
Table space will be available at a rate of $20/table. There will be a $5 door fee for event goers along with prize raffles.
I have mailed out copies of our event poster to the surrounding pipe and tobacco shops.
In addition to pipe carvers and vendors, I have booked one blues act, scotch/whiskey distributor providing tastings at a very reasonable rate, and some local clothing vendors. I am still working on adding a few more activities/events to the Pipe Show. As things change and the details are finalized, I will update you.
If you want to reserve space or if you have any questions at all, email me at ChattanoogaPipeClub@gmail.com
Thanks,
Dan Krause

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
We have 3 really big B&M pipe stores coming, 3 local carvers, and at least 2 estate vendors as of right now. I am working on getting more. Additionally, there will be a hat vendor, a local wood carver selling cuff links, cigar holders, and other such things. Plus I have a local blues guy that will be playing throughout the day and a regional distributor of scotch that will be hosting a tasting for a very reasonable rate. We will be having a raffle for prizes. I am trying to organize a slow smoke competition. This may or may not happen, as I do not have a lot experience with running one. I need to find a sponsor for this that knows what they are doing.
If this turns out anything like our local meetings, the best part will be the people that show up and share stories about pipes and their tobacco. I have tried many tobaccos thanks to the pipe club.
If this wasn't enough to entertain you for the day, our show ends just in time for everyone to head on over to the Tennessee Whiskey Festival (http://www.tnwhiskeyfestival.com/). Check it out.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
I expect our little show will be a great time. We have the unique advantage of being one of the only pipe shows where you can smoke on site of the event. Plus we will have a few non pipe vendors, including the local barber shop selling shaving products.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I just checked my calendar and it seems ill be off work that day. I'm planning on coming. I'll see if I can get a couple of my pipe smoking buddies to come as well.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
Uptowns, The Humidor Pipe Shop, and Burns Tobacconist and possibly one or two more.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
Good news. I will have a tobacco sampling table featuring some very popular blends set up at the show. Just stop on by and load a bowl while at the show. Additionally, I may have found a sponsor for a slow smoke competition. This is shaping up to be a great event. Hope to see you there.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
The first of the tobacco for the tobacco tasting table at the Chattanooga Pipe Show came in this week. Thank you GL Pease and Cornell & Diehle. I really like the literature you sent along with the tobacco. It is going to be tough to not open a few of these for a taste before the show.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Hey Krause, I was just wondering if you had done any other advertising other than here on the forum. I listen to KZ106, and all of their upcoming event announcements, and noticed I hadn't heard anything about the show. Just wondering!

Status
Not open for further replies.