PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Hey everyone,
I am moving onto my fourth day on Chantix, and I have to say that it seems to be working for me quite well.

Today I only smoked one cigarette which is much less than my usual pack per day if not more. I am very happy with my results and hope that I can keep it up.

One thing that I noticed today was that the taste was no longer as pleasant when I smoked my cig, and it was less satisfying as it should be.

Looking forward to the next month and, if all goes as planned, a life without cigs!

Aug 1, 2012
I wish you the best, quitting can be really tough. I do want to let you know that you might want to make sure someone is watching out for extreme mental/mood shifts in you. A friend of mine was on chantix and she had some pretty severe mental shift while on it. When she quit taking it she was a lot better after about a month. Probably won't happen to you, just have somebody who knows you well watch out for you.
Again, best of luck,

Sou
PS. Have Storient make you a big billiard meer. It might even be better than a Dunhill. :D

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
@captainsousie Thank you for the support! My brother in law happened to take it before and it worked great for him the first time. The second time although happened to be a different story. He had just been laid off and was having very vivid dreams that were scaring him so he decided to drop it.

Hope that I do not end up suffering from these side effects!
-Frank

Aug 1, 2012
I doubt you will have any trouble. I have also had half a dozen friends take it and it was the best thing in the world for them. One out of seven ain't bad odds.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
@chawz Oh no not at all!!!!!

I looked into how Chantix would affect my pipe smoking before I got it and was not able to find anything that said it would negatively affect my pipe smoking.

Today I still smoked my pipe and enjoyed it as if I were not on Chantix.

Sorry for the confusion!

chawz

Lurker
May 29, 2011
Alaska
I suspect you might get a little less nic pleasure from your pipe smoke as your nic receptors are being blocked and no dopamine stimulation (reward).How that plays into your overall enjoyment of the smoke, the taste, ritual will be interesting to see.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
We shall see. I am still able to enjoy the taste of the tobacco, it is not as if I inhale. I never really got any pleasure from the nic provided by the pipe anyway simply because my tolerance to nicotine was so high from smoking cigarettes and using chew.

It will be most interested to see how this all plays out. I will not allow it to stop me from pipe smoking. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.