PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
So today I was changing the wife's oil in her car today and was on the way to get the socket out of the truck to take out the oil plug when low and behold out of the corner of my eye I find a pipe just laying on the ground next to my smoker. Kind of glanced at it awhile and thought " I don't own a Kaywoodie pipe." Apparently my friend the last time we were smoking some chicken had left it in the lawn chair and forgot all about it. I sent him the picture of the pipe which he thought I had made. I'm pretty good for a beginner pipemaker but not that good. Told him it was his and he thought I had cleaned it all up for him. "Nope." I said it got caught in the thunderstorm but you may want to retire it cause it has a long 2-1/2" linear crack going around the bowl. We met up about an hour later and I gave him his pipe back but now we have to go looking for him a new pipe that he hopefully will not leave behind when the storms are on the way.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What a yarn. I try to organize myself and usually do pretty well not leaving things behind. But now and then this happens to everyone. At least now your friend doesn't have to wonder what ever happened to that pipe.

midwestpipesmoker70

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2011
IL
I admit to leaving a pipe or two out by the campfire in my back yard and yes once one of them got rained on. It was just a basket bulldog but one of my favorite smokers. Luckily it turned out fine after drying it out. I did lose my favorite tamper out by the fire pit. I really miss it. I still look for it every time I mow lol.

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
I lost my Savinelli 673 somewhere in the backyard.
I've looked for it long and hard but have since resigned myself to the fact that it probably won't be seen again until I run it over with the lawn mower.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'd recommend a Dr. Grabow knock-around pipe for your friend, about $35 and durable. Since this was posted first seven months ago, I guess he's picked up his replacement.

Dec 24, 2012
When I saw the title, I had assumed "changing the wife's oil" was a euphemism for something else and I was wondering how you could possibly find a pipe while doing that.
But no - you really meant changing the wife's oil.

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
"Do folks who say "the wife" use that term in her presence?"

Yep which annoys her, and spurs on my use of calling her "the wife" At least I don't call her the old lady much anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.