PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
So the Chacom USA pipes at Smoking Pipes are not seconds, just discontinued models for $55.00. I got three Zulus, Thank God.
"John, the Chacom USA's are discontinued models that were found in the Chacom warehouse and finished especially for us. Basically all the stamp means in they were made for US distribution and once they're gone, they're gone, we won't be getting any more. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kxxxx Txxxx

Customer Service

Smokingpipes"

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
A follow-up email
"hi John,

I just realized I gave the wrong impression in something I wrote to you previously. When I said they were made especially for us, I should have said made for US, as in for the US market. Sorry for any confusion and poor typing skills!

Regards,

Kxxxx

Customer Service"

carytobacco

Can't Leave
Nov 23, 2012
Cary, NC
Too bad he clarified, other retailers with Chacom USA pipes could have said they were selling black market pipes made only for SPC!

Skip, at The Briary, came back from the New Orleans wholesale show with a whole bunch of Chacoms, priced dirt cheap. He then called the guy to pick up the rest of the inventory after those flew out the door. I don't remember if any of them were stamped USA or not, but there is someone out there dumping a boat load of these cheap Frenchies on us.
I picked up a diamond shanked Dublin for the price of two tins, and it's quickly become a favorite.

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
Now I'm upset. Picked up an apple and a dublin. I have got to stop buying the hype.
Damn deals...

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
Just ordered a Pot because of this thread. Plus two 8oz tins of C&D Da Vinci.
002-512-1952.jpg

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/Chacom/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=184270

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
Well, that pipe came today, and I'm smoking the first bowl in it: C&D Da Vinci. Aside from the .94" chamber diameter, this is a diminutive pipe. Definitely would do as a clencher. I'm satisfied for the price. It has a narrow draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.