PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Are these still being made? I purchased a Chacom Royale from my local tobacconist yesterday, but they have had it in stock for 3 to 4 years. I have been trying to find some information online about this particular line, but there is not much available. Also, I cannot find any new pipes for sale through any online retailers. Has this line been discontinued?

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I have a few older Chacoms and I think they tend to change names fairly regularly as it took quite a bit of searching to find little if any information on them.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
That is what I was thinking junkyarddog. My tobacconist has one more in stock, but not really in a style / shape that appeals to me. I wonder why Chacom discontinued the Royale line. I agree that it was one of Chacom's best.

berthezen06

Lurker
Jun 10, 2014
France
Indeed the "Royal" line was great quality pipes reserved for high quality briar.

Currently this series is distributed in a very confidential manner because the pipes are quite expensive. If someone tells me how to put photo on the forum I could put a few next week. (I hope!)

(Sorry for my english :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like that the grain shows but the finish is matte instead of shiny. Tasteful. Also, though

the shapes are traditional they show a lot of original design. Chacom does a good job in

general, in my opinion.

berthezen06

Lurker
Jun 10, 2014
France
Yes @northernneil This is indeed a quality briar which becomes hard to find.

If anyone is interested by these pipes, please contact me ....

berthezen06

Lurker
Jun 10, 2014
France
Prices are according to the size:

(Price outside europe)

N : 223,00€

X : 279,00€

XX : 313,00€
Chacom Royale 1:

186X

28N