PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Find a really nice Chacom today but have never owned one. Anyone have any insight on these that they would care to share?

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I have one and it is a solid pipe. I like their style; they have a lot of flashy pipes lately and I've been trying to get a Maya 185 for a while, but they have the more standard looking pipes as well. I'd say it's a safe bet it'll be a good smoker.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife gave me a Chalcom Exquise 185 straight billiard in a green stain made exclusively for

Iwan Ries. I think mine was the last of the series. It has disappeared from the site. It's everything

you want a billiard to be, enough bowl but not too heavy, nice balance, perfect airway, nice tapered

stem, and a good bit. I use it for English, and it feels perfect.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Check this thread out. It shows some of the history of the brand. I is a very old brand. I think it is a very under valued on the estate market, which is good for me. I have also posted pictures of the 5 I have. The POY is my MB Vanilla Flake pipe. It is the only dedicated pipe I have.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/the-meandering-brands-of-chacom-and-others

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I have an old Chacom bulldog. It's one of my beat up pipes I picked up as a cheap estate. She ain't pretty bit smokes like a dream. Someday I might have a repairman do a bit of resto work to make it pretty again. I wouldn't hesitate to pick up another.

castellarius

Might Stick Around
Oct 20, 2013
I've got one, a Chacom Terra Natural and really like it.

They probably aren't the best pipes in the world, BUT they are really well drilled, solid and nice smokers. And they are not overpriced. So I'm totally satisfied, and I think they are honest pipes from a producer (CHApuis-COMoy) who has a lot history behind him.

mikeklumpp

Might Stick Around
Jul 18, 2013
hong kong
i just bought a vintage chacom - it is a solid company - they made a good quality mid range pipe for many years - some people swear by them - i am a savanelli freak but have had just about one of eveything remotely mainstream over the years - enjoy

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
I have a Chacom Grand Cru Bent Dublin, nice looking pipe, that smokes nicely.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I've got 3 Chacom pipes and I love all 3. My pipes range from Chacom's top of the line, being the Royal Line, to a middle of the pack, Bercy, to a lower end Match. Again, all 3 smoke great. I have no complaints about any of them.

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I bought a Chacom prince from SP this year. Love the pipe. It is definetely near the top of my rotation.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
I own this one. It is a small apple golden grain. It is a nice light, dry smoker.

chacom-600x448.jpg

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
That was my very first pipe I've owned. Great smoker and I find myself returning to her quite often.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
Sounds like you have a winner irish, way to go i have also heard not one bad word of a Chacom pipe.
Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.