PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Does anyone make Cerberus a usual part of their rotation? I received a tin a year or two back when it was substituted for Magnum Opus because it was unavailable. Maybe I was sorta put off for not getting the Magnum Opus (which I have still yet to try) so I slammed it into the back of the cellar and forgot about it. Well the weather was particularly nice today so I went digging for something new to try and out pops the tin of Cerberus. The description sounded really enticing: "Loaded with Cyprian Latakia and enhanced with Perique, Orientals, Virginia and Dark-Fired Kentucky, this is a full-flavored, cool-smoking treat!" so I popped it open and loaded up a big Bjarne Viking that practically smokes itself. The orientals came through more for me than the latakia and the amount of perique was perfect. The DFK was present but not dominating in the least. It was pretty moist but char-tamp-light kept me burning smooth for about 45 minutes. Good stuff and the tin will be cracked open again real soon I do believe. I don't read much about it here, did a search and some folks seem to love it, but I guess it was more of a miss than a hit for the masses? Anyone tearing through the Cerberus?

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
Does it trade options and if so what is the implied volatility?

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
Yah I was kinda miffed that they pulled the old switcharoo on me without giving me another option. So you have tried both Cerberus and Magnum Opus and prefer the latter I take it?

theboz

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2013
United States
I tried a sample and enjoyed it, I want to buy some in the future. It is something I need to be in the mood for, so it isn't something I would have pounds of.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I have some on the way as we speak but have not tried it yet.
The Magnum O, Beverwyck, Ambassador, etc. have all been to my liking so far though.
They have a pipe tobacco and cigar "match-up" at P&C and the Cerberus comes with Spectre cigars ... yum.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I have smoked Cerberus and it is wonderful! The down side it is the only blend my Wife has walked in to the room and said "I don't what you are smoking, but it smells like SHIT". The Magnum I have a Tin of but not tried yet...

novicemaker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 12, 2014
Lol peckin you made my day and you might have no idea why. Your comment reminded me of a video game i played once where a group called Cerberus was a private operated business.

Status
Not open for further replies.