PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
I see that there are quite a few members from the Lone Star State. I've seen threads on clubs in Austin and Houston. Do we have anyone in the central area? I am just about center mass of the state, in Brownwood.

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
You're only a few hours away - why not swing up to Austin for a pipe club meeting one of these days

I may have to do that. Is there ever Guinness involved in these meetings? :lol:

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
I'm in North East Texas. I at one time frequented the Dallas area to meet with a bunch of cigar BOTL, but never heard of a pipe club around there. Have been considering starting one locally as the number of pipe smokers has grown over the last couple of years.

B

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
I'm in North East Texas.

At the very least, we (Texans from this site) should attempt a linkup if there is ever a pipe show in the Great State of Texas. Personally, I have never been to one. I think it might make for an interesting weekend, should the occasion ever present itself.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I can't see a pipe show in Texas any time soon. It would be great, and I think theres enough smokers here to do it. Problem is, the summer schedule is already packed with shows. Tough to draw many big names because they're busy getting ready for Chicago, just done Kansas city or trying to make enough pipes for Richmond :lol:

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
San Antonio here.
Not really interested in traveling though... got a full plate already. :puffy:

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
@rangerearthpig no drinking usually because we meet at a local tobacconist - who is our "sponsor" so to speak. Get discount items, and they are willing to help us promote any way possible.
It would be nice to have a Texas pipe show - and I think there are some times that it could work in between the major events. That said, I just don't see as many active clubs that can help facilitate. You have 3-4 major metropolitan areas and each are primarily cigar centric.
We are trying pretty hard to promote the Austin area pipe club but we're just starting out.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
@ravkesef if you're on I-10 as soon as you cross the state line coming from Louisiana entering Texas you see this sign:

4684382345_43e2b3c0d6_b.jpg

It's just a reminder about how big Texas is, in case you needed it.

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
@pylorns:
I checked out that Austin Pipe Club. Holy Cow! That place you meet is first class!!! I doubt they let knuckle-draggers like me in a place like that! 8O Very nice!

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I am in Denton, so not too far from you!
If you're in Denton, you guys have the only active Pipe Club I know of in north Texas. I've been meaning to go for a few years now :lol:

Dallas members from the forum got together a few times and it was a blast but thats been awhile.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Grand Prairie here. We Dallas guys met at Up In Smoke on McKinney a few times. We didn't pay for the private room and hung out with the cigar people. Sadly, only lonestar and I post here anymore. Let us know if anything brews up within a tank of gas or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.