PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamandrewx

Lurker
Sep 28, 2014
Hey everyone, myself and my buddies (about 6 of us total) are looking to start a Central Ohio pipe club. We are trying to drum up some intrest and I figured here is the best place of any.
Requirements:

- be from or live in Central Ohio (Columbus, Westerville, Dublin, Polaris, etc.)

- be ok with paying monthly dues to suppose club functions (reserving rooms, food, charity)

- be able to meet once a month, the last Sunday of the month

- be an easy-going individual
We want this club to serve a purpose.. as stated, monthly dues will eventually go towards cutting a yearly charity check! Club meetings will last between 4-5 hours in the evening, though, we plan to meeting one other time during the month for drinks and food - as a club function... dues will not be required to attend that event.
There will be a heirarchy. Governor, treasurer, secretary. During meets, we will have a schedule of events and hopefully a few guest speakers to give presentations about tobacco and pipe related items.
If you are interested in joining up, please reply via PM, a post to the thread, or via Facebook @ /iamandrewx
Thank you!
CgQmel2.png

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
- be from or live in Central Ohio (Columbus, Westerville, Dublin, Polaris, etc.)

would Newark be considered Central Oh?
- be ok with paying monthly dues to suppose club functions (reserving rooms, food, charity)

where do you figure to find a room that allows smoking?
- be able to meet once a month, the last Sunday of the month

for anyone with a family blowing off 1/2 of a Sunday will be tough
Contact the NASPC in Columbus for interested smokers and to see what activities they already have

good luck with that..

smokershaven

Lurker
Jul 24, 2013
Columbus, Ohio USA
Hello Andrew,

The best time/day to meet up for most people is Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday after 6 p.m. Most people are busy on weekends.
I will be happy to host the meetings at the shop and stay open after hours for it, and I am sure some other shops around town would do the same.
The NASPC is a national organization and its only tie to Central Ohio is the pipe show and a couple of the organizers. It is not a pipe club based in Columbus. However, Jeff Knoll (one of NASPC's organizers) would definitely get involved in a Central Ohio pipe club.
We already have a list of 70+ that are interested in a club. I just have not been able to make the time to get it organized.

iamandrewx

Lurker
Sep 28, 2014
Doc, if you're willing to make the drive to Columbus once a month, sure! as stated below your OP - Smokers Haven, Pipes & Pleasures, Governor's, there are a few options we can work with. And I would be interested in a once-a-month thing.. doesn't need to be EVERY Sunday.. but the more input the better!
----------------------------------------------------------
Hey, Premal, long time no see ;)
If you need help with organization, my buddies and i would be more than happy to step up and lend a hand! Wednesdays would be good. because not many sporting events or school functions happen mid-week. Once again, let me know if you need some man-power to get this rolling!

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
I make the drive now more then once a week.. I live out in the sticks kind of in the middle of a triangle between Granville, Utica and Johnstown. I'm retired so really any day works for me but to get a decent turnout unless you want all old guys you need to do an evening as Premel mentioned. Young guys with kids are going to have a tough time blowing a 1/2 day on the weekends. I'm willing to bet if you went around to all the shops you listed plus the others like the two Tinderboxes, Baclays, etc.. with a sign-up sheet you could draw a good crowd. I think the three mentioned have the proper room to host. SH just started a Wednesday tobacco tasting and bs'ing session from 5p - 7p. stop by and bring your posse.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
I'm in, but what have you done? You have lost SH for the time being. Here's a suggestion.. pick a date, time and location for a preliminary meeting. My choice w/b 7p on a Tue, Wed or Thur if you want a decent turnout. Then update your first posting and post on every cigar or pipe forum you can find. Then go around and post a flyer at every b&m you can find. Not just the usual suspects.. even tobacco outlet places move pipe tobacco. I know the little place in the back of Graceland has the best OTC selection I have found. Don't forget there's multiple good and active groups on Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.