PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
Would there be any interest here in starting a Pipe & Cigar Enthusiasts group in the Central Florida / Orlando area? Have another person interested - looking for others to enjoy these activities with. Get together, have a few bowls or cigars and a few good beers, scotches or whatever. I've located a few good pubs that welcome cigars & pipes inside - A/C in the summer!!! Great to have a smoke, throw some darts or catch a good college game on the wide screen! this is a good way to share & learn about different pipes & cigars and tobacco blends. Clubs often get samples sent from manufacturers to try out. Great way to find new favorites! Let me know if anyone is interested.

bb

Reactions: radrick96

badbriar

Oct 17, 2012
Ok, there's interest in getting this together - this is a good start! Let's shoot for having a meeting to have a few bowls, cigars and come up with some ideas! Here are a few areas I've seen that work well in other clubs of this kind...

PIPE & CIGAR CLUB
Hold regular meetings so everyone knows the schedule.

Be informal and flexible.

Have a club tobacco / cigar bar for members to sample & draw from.

Hold raffle every month or two for a pipe, tins, cigars, etc.

Find comfortable indoor places with a/c for the summer and dry when it rains.

Rainy days are great for impromptu get togethers.

Contact suppliers for club samples.

Contact b & m stores to sponsor and distribute flyers/newsletters. Support local B & M's.

Schedule outings to events at local shops.

Road trips to out of town shops.

Have semi annual club flea market.

Have scheduled swap meets at meetings.

Shirts with nicknames - everybody likes to be an individual.
badbriar

badbriar

Oct 17, 2012
Just an update - there have been about 6 or 7 replies from people who are interested in moving forward in getting this together. That's a respectable start for only a few days of discussion. The possibility of getting a group together in the Central FL area is exciting! Sure would be good to have a quality club with an active membership, similar to some of the successful ones we read about in other parts of the country. The support and advice that is coming in is encouraging. One person suggested looking to get an informal meeting together early January, after the holidays. Good suggestion. Still would be good to see if anyone wants to meet and have a smoke sometime before then. I'm planning to shoot over to Coronas or Harry's tomorrow for a pipe or cigar and catch part of a game. Anyone free to go?

bb

badbriar

Oct 17, 2012
Just sent this to an interested person about an excellent place to consider for a meeting...

Bull & Bush is near Orlando Executive Airport - On Robinson - in the Milk District. Neat little old English pub. Very small with only about a dozen total tables in the place, a long bar to sit at and good air handlers. They are known for having the most perfect pint of Guinness in Orlando - only $4.50 for a 20oz pint and the food ain't bad either. Saturday nights are either comedy night or pub trivia. BB also has 4 steel tip dart boards, which I usually hit after the comedy or whatever. It's a great deal - you bring your own pipe or cigar, so you have what you like and spend what you want. 3 pints will usually do for the night - that's only 13.50 for a night's entertainment. Remember tip the bartender well - he remembers regulars who tip and upon seeing you, will start your Guinness or preferred drink pouring! That's the kind of place I've been looking for!

bb

badbriar

Oct 17, 2012
OK guys -

Give a shout when anyone wants to get together and have a good smoke & discus a pipe/cigar club. The tobaccos/cigars are on me. Have a supplier interested in seeing this come together - willing to sponsor with samples for the group. There has been interest in getting a club or organization together in the Central Florida area. Send me an IM when you have time. Let's do this!

bb

romanpipeman

Lurker
Feb 26, 2013
I'm from Orlando and new to the pipe hobby, is there a pipe club in the area? if so ,how do I join?

till then,sweet smokes

mcoutu

Lurker
Sep 4, 2012
Hey I am new to the pipe community, and would like to join your club. I currently live in the downtown orlando area, and was hoping to meet up with people, who possess a greater knowledge of pipes than i do. Thanks and have a great day.

filmshooter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2017
Ill be moving to the Orlando area soon and would be interested. Ill probably be near-ish to UCF.

bluesmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2013
Hey film shooter--I live about two miles from UCF. It would sure be nice to share a pipe smoke and a drink and some stories. When you get moved in, shoot me a pm and we can make it happen.

bluesmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2013
Hey film shooter--I live about two miles from UCF. It would sure be nice to share a pipe smoke and a drink and some stories. When you get moved in, shoot me a pm and we can make it happen.

blain407

Lurker
Aug 8, 2017
Hey guys, I live about 2 miles from UCF as well and I'm dying to get together with some other pipers in the area. We should be able to get something going with the amount of guys posting on this page in the last two weeks

wwarrior

Lurker
Oct 30, 2017
I will be in the yulee area in about two weeks. I know I am not central Florida but I would maybe able to meet up once a month with other interested parties to smoke pipes and talk pipes.

magicpiper

Jul 9, 2018
MCO
I’m in Orlando and definitely interested in getting a group together. Have a co-worker that smokes pipes with me quite often. We smoke a lot of pipes and an occasional

Cigar in the Hunter’s Creek area.

Status
Not open for further replies.