PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Check some of the roll your own shops. There are a few here in jville that sell pipes also. Yet most are basket pipes they smoke. Also we have a couple B&M's here and there are several in St Augustine. If you want to meet up and check a couple out on a weekend it would be awesome to sit and share a bowl. Pm me if you want to do something.

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
Unless something new has popped up in the past few months, Orlando is dry as a bone when it comes to pipes! There was once a Tinderbox at one of the outlet malls in the attractions area, but they had mostly trinkets and gifts, a few cigars, no pipes. Downtown had a newsstand style pipe shop long ago, but it disappeared years ago.
Sad that such a large, high traffic area doesn't have more to offer in pipes. If you want to travel to Polk County, our local Edward's in Lakeland still has a very decent selection of pipes and a comfy lounging area so you can hang out all day... Same goes for the Tinderbox here in Lakeland, fewer, but still decent pipes, and set up so that you can loiter for a while and enjoy your smoke!
If you do find something else in the area, do let us know!
Cheers

Walt

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
Oh, and if you decide to hit up Edward's in Lakeland, let me know... I'd be happy to meet up and hang out for a while!
Cheers

Walt

bclarke

Lurker
Aug 25, 2011
'Ol Times Cigars on 436 in Casselberry has a some pipes and tobacco. Cigars Plus in downtown Kissimmee also has some supplies, but these are both really oriented towards cigars. If it were me, I'd make the drive to Edwards.

sinister

Might Stick Around
Oct 3, 2012
Central FL
There is a TinderBox on International Drive in Daytona Beach near the track (Home Depot parking lot). Guy who runs it is very nice and has a pretty good selection to choose from....Id say 20-30 house blends plus whatever tins on the shelf. He usually has a pipe hanging from his jaw every time I walk in, so I assume that's why he keeps a good inventory. I usually get my stuff from there.
I also saw a smoke shop in the New Smyrna Beach area off 44 near the Harley Davidson shop (in the Publix Plaza), but have yet to go in and see if they actually carry anything for pipes...my guess is no.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I stopped in at Ol' Times in Casselberry late last year but that is the opposite side of Orlando from you. I can't really remember the pipe selection though. Unfortunately the tobacco taxes in FL are outrageous and I couldn't find anything to me that warranted the price of $22 a tin. The Tinderbox that sinister speaks of in Daytona runs about the same price for a tin. I haven't tried any of their house/bulk blends. I know it is not the BM's fault but the taxes just make it way to expensive for me to buy any serious amount of tobacco in FL. Good luck in your search!
Ol' Times

smokedogrememberthatsht

Might Stick Around
Nov 18, 2012
Florida
thank you all, I've visited Cigars plus a few times and picked up 3 $25 Italian pipes, 2 of which smoke damn good. I'm ok with ordering my tobacco online but pipes I need to hold with my nicotine stained fingers before I part with my hard earned money.

Status
Not open for further replies.