PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
So in light of the recent Bay Area CA post, I got to wondering if there are any pipesters around Central FL.

I'm in Titusville (NASA), so more specifically around the Space Coast or Orlando area. I know one of the article contributors is a student at UCF (Carter, is it?), and that Kevin is in St. Pete (though too far from myself).

But it would be neat to know if anyone lives around here, or if anyone knows of any decent B&M's in the area.

So... Anyone?? :puffy:

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
I'm in Winter Haven. It's dead center of the state. I'm about an hour se of Orlando.

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
I'm in Winter Haven. It's dead center of the state. I'm about an hour sw of Orlando.

jankomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2010
Tampa, FL
I live just SE of Tampa in Valrico. I have yet to venture to Orlando to see if there are any good B&M stores there.

jankomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2010
Tampa, FL
Oh just noticed you actually asked about B&M, the main Bennington's is in Boca Raton. The one in Sarasota has about 400 pipes on hand and they stock a decent supply of tins. I have never been to the Boca store though.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Not hijack but - - road trip from Miami will take us through ORL and Gainesville in a few weeks. Any pipe stores or other spots not to be missed?

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Just saying hi from GA. I spent a lot of my childhood and my honeymoon in Satellite Beach. My uncle is an Indian Harbor police officer and I still have family in Melbourne.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Last fall when I retired I ways moving to Tampa but after 5 or 6 weeks I came back to Wi. I just didn't care for it.

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
Wow, more of you folks than I thought have connections around here.

You're not too far from me at all, nabottle.
Jankomatic... thanks for the info. I'll have to check out the Bennington stores sometime soon! :D
Tslex... I have no idea about any decent B&M's around Orlando, but if you find any, let me know!

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Back in the late '70s you could have stopped in to see the tobacconist at Disney on Main Street!! I bought a meer from that shop, which is no longer there unfortunately

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
ocala and yes i do fish too, just not enough. especially not enough fly fishing.

like inshore and would like to get know my way aroung mosquito and indian river as well as hommossaa, bayport and crystal river. my goal is tarpon, but not the 100 plus pounders, just a little smaller, a little too much excitement for me at my age. :roll:

think pipes and tobacco is addicting??? pick up a fly rod and the addiction is very intense... :worship:

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
Welcome on board, Grouchy!
We're pretty close as well. I fish all the time, as the Indian River Lagoon is in my backyard pretty much. In fact I've been a kayak tour guide for the last 6 years on the IRL and Mosquito Lagoon. Though because I don't have a boat, I tend to fish mostly in the Banana River area (Merritt Island) as there are far more spots to wade out to like in the No Motor Zones. I've never gotten a chance to do any fly fishing though. But man I've always wanted to. If you ever need a guide in the area, let me know. Tarpon aren't to good right now though in Mosquito.

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
Welcome on board, Grouchy!
We're pretty close as well. I fish all the time, as the Indian River Lagoon is in my backyard pretty much. In fact I've been a kayak tour guide for the last 6 years on the IRL and Mosquito Lagoon. Though because I don't have a boat, I tend to fish mostly in the Banana River area (Merritt Island) as there are far more spots to wade out to like in the No Motor Zones. I've never gotten a chance to do any fly fishing though. But man I've always wanted to. If you ever need a guide in the area, let me know. Tarpon aren't too good right now though in Mosquito. But my wife hooked a good one back in fall over off of Merritt Island. She doesn't fish quite as actively, and had no idea what to do though. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry! 8O

wannafly34

Might Stick Around
Jul 7, 2011
Nathaniel...I'm in Lake Mary. My goto B&M is Harry's Cigars and Brew in Oveido. Not a huge pipe tobacco selection, but some very nice people. Plus they have blues concerts on Saturday nights in the back parking lot...

ck12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2011
Hey dont know about any local B&Ms up there but im from tampa. Never knew there were all these people on here from so close to my area of town.

mike68

Might Stick Around
Jul 25, 2011
Hello all...Mike in Lakeland here...in Polk county, not far from either Tampa or Orlando BTW...

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
wow... they keep coming. We need to start some pipe clubs if we get too much more

ck12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2011
we need to start one no matter what. it all seems as if we are all within just a few hours of each other, who woulda thought..

Status
Not open for further replies.