PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
As stated before Ive smoked a pipe sence 94 but am new to cellering tobacco.

Ive been reading that the room should be cool. Heres my delema.

I live in a apt with out centeral air I have a spair room with no window I have been using for my celler winter was fine as the room stayed cool. Now that summer is hitting its geting warmer and the room is geting warmer i suspect sustainrd temps between 70 and 80 in the room when the real hot weather hits. Cant move it as i have no place where my 3 yr old who is cirous as all hell cant get to it. any tips or tricks woulld be appearated.

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
I know what you mean, my 3 year old just dumped 2oz out while I was grilling. Lightning quick she is and loves the smell of my cherry/vanilla tobacco. (iwhat I lost)

Unfortunately no help, I always keep in my basement.

maineyachtie

Can't Leave
Aug 14, 2010
I have never thought about this too much as I can never seem to afford enough tobacco to actually cellar. However, it occurs to me that some Koreans make kimchi (a spicy fermented cabbage dish) in a refrigerator set on the warmest setting. Traditionally kimchi is stored in the ground where it receives ambient ground temperature year round, about 55F.
So, perhaps you could get a mini-fridge and turn the temp up and store tobacco in that.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
Just keep your air-tight jars or containers out of sunlight and you will be just fine regardless of the temperature. I suggest you keep your aging tobacco containers in a dark (and not hot) place. Cool or cold is fine. No sunlight with heat is the secret! 70 to 80 degrees out of direct Sun is no big deal. I just put mine inside my tobacco cabinet on the main floor of my home in the man-cave!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Status
Not open for further replies.