PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I took the day off today and spent most of it in my barn waiting for the appliance guys to deliver my repaired ice maker.
Very nice of them to give me a five hour window for delivery and then deliver the bloody thing three minutes for the end of the window.
In any event, I spent a good chunk of the day organizing my cellar and drinking luke warm libations while waiting for the ice maker.
My goal was to get my entire stash in three cabinets, and I succeeded, with a bit of free shelf space to spare!
My cabinets are pretty deep - 28 inches to be precise, so I can fit a fair bit on each shelf, as shown below.
6RvkntO.jpg

Here is a panoramic shot of all three cabinets on the main floor of my barn:
gpS0mcM.jpg

The shelves are reinforced, but even still there is some bowing on them, so I have my cabinet guy coming out to determine whether he can provide increased reinforcement. When I had the cabinets built originally I never anticipated I would be housing a multitude of metal tins, and the weight sure adds up.
Here is a closeup of each of the three cabinets:
vzb2fcM.jpg

jHvHRXu.jpg

AaUfpXQ.jpg

After watching the Hobbit series on the weekend, I am thinking about hiring a dragon to guard my stash. I do have a group of three guard dogs, but as you can see they didn't turn out to be as vicious as I had originally hoped.
AhuSmug.jpg

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I love Goldens. They will not only let the burglar in, they'll show him the stash and hold the door on his exit. And, they'll do all of that for a simple pat on the head. Gotta luv 'em! Yours especially, both are gorgeous.
The little ankle biter is probably the watch dog in the herd. He also appears to read or . . . is he just looking at the pictures?

sw0snuff3r

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2014
I'm just starting out here and now I see how it might end up. I'll be sure the wife does not see this! 8O

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Great stash Dean and good pics of the boys and their dogs.
You just gotta love when the delivery/repair people pull that shit.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Looks great Dean. Those are beautiful cabinets. I'd look into some industrial shelving to hold the weight of such a massive cellar as yours and use those cabinets for something else.

Dec 24, 2012
Personal question, Dean. Were you a nerd as a kid?
If by "Nerd" you are asking whether I like Star Trek, read comic books and science fiction, and think magic tricks are cool, then the answer is an unqualified yes.
And, uh . . . not just as a kid. I still am.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
So where is the livestock (other than the dogs and boys), implements, tools, bales of straw, feeds, tractors, owls, etc.?
I can't speak to the implements, etc, but I have it on good authority that Peck houses his animals in a large mirrored room with a circular bed in the center.

Status
Not open for further replies.