PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

elliott

Might Stick Around
Apr 21, 2014
I have read on here and have basically deduced that cellaring aro tobacco like trout stream is usually a bad idea due to the moisture level in it and possible mold. My question is this...what would be everyone's advice to drying out some trout stream a little in order to safely cellar it with an equal amount of EMP? This mixture is very tasty and I was thinking of starting off with 4oz of each for a total of 8oz. I would like to let it sit for about 6 months then give it a try, if it's good make about a pound and cellar it long term. So, would it be a good idea to cellar EMP with trout stream 50/50 or would I just waste 8oz of good baccy?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I had a jar of Trout Stream in storage for way over a year with no problems. I didn't dry it out beforehand either.

So mixing it with EMP shouldn't cause a problem. It sounds like you want to store the whole batch in one jar.

IMO, a better strategy is to break it up into several ½-pint Mason jars and sample them one at a time at various stages.

elliott

Might Stick Around
Apr 21, 2014
So mix the 2 and split it up into smaller jars? I think I'll do that, thanks cortez.

pipedreamer

Might Stick Around
Oct 29, 2012
I have aros that are more than 20 years old and they are fine,married well. Vas do best use a mason jar tight lid and most important date and what it is, or you will be sorry.

elliott

Might Stick Around
Apr 21, 2014
Ok great that's great news I'm just gonna go ahead and pull the trigger on that. 1lb of trout stream and 1lb of EMP will be on the way to my house back in the states as soon as p&c has trout stream back in.

elliott

Might Stick Around
Apr 21, 2014
The mixture as a whole is more of what I'm trying to age and marry the flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.