PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andya27

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 15, 2014
I love Pirate Kake. And during the winter, as I'm an outdoor smoker, there's something about a Latakia smoke that is just perfect for the weather.
I'll be placing a tobacco order this week, and thought I might pick up a few tins to cellar - if Latakia is a good candidate for cellaring.
I have a few Virginias that are going to get a some years on them before being opened - just wondering what affect aging has on Latakia.
Thanks!

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
The best aged latakia blends I've smoked have been from the GL Pease Classic Collection. Blackpoint and Kensington are godly with five years or more. The latakia softens a bit, and the orientals and Virginias, and with Blackpoint, the perique, sort of affirm themselves more than in a fresh tin. I smoked 4oz of 6 and 7 year old Blackpoint this spring, and those were two of the best tins I've ever had.

cfreud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2014
I cellar latakia blends all the time. As Escioe said, it can mellow the latakia, which for my taste with Pirate Kake, is a definite must. That is the one blend, as a latakia-phile, that is too much for me. That said. I have 10 tins in my closet/cellar which I will revisit in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.