PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
@(k9shag) asked about my Elfa storage box solutions for cellaring. I'll post some pictures below. I am mostly a visual learner, so I always post bunch of pictures vs words. I would love to see any other ideas people might have for long term cellar storage. And yes, a simple cardboard box or shoebox will work just fine, but I like the Elfa units because they are precise and they allow me to fill one up with a specific blends and know exactly what I need to complete my goal, etc.
I am fortunate to live in a city that has a Container Store. I got these Elfa Translucent Cabinet-Sized Solid Drawers on sale and they have been perfect for me. I also LOVE the Really Useful Boxes Small Stackable Vinyl Record Storage Box for round tins (they perfectly hold a column of 7-tins deep and 3 rows wide, total of 63 tins, 126 Oz or 8.5 pounds). Again, I got mine on sale. Amazon doesn't seem to have them available.
https://www.containerstore.com/s/translucent-medium-cabinet-sized-solid-drawers/d?productId=11001773&q=cabinet%20sized%20elfa

https://www.containerstore.com/s/storage/plastic-bins-baskets/really-useful-boxes-small-stackable-vinyl-record-storage-box/12d?productId=11005722
ee4Ukrc.jpg

arWC7qt.jpg

z3wJQMD.jpg

ZGoRQge.jpg

mpFC5nB.jpg

zwhKCTD.jpg

1srMSCf.jpg

QaZ4iaH.jpg

Here is a shot of my working Cellar. I got the idea for the mason jar storage from YTPC, Muttenchop. It is the wood soda crate by Artminds. Here is the link. http://www.michaels.com/rtf-wood-soda-crate-by-artminds/10280266.html.
tBr26t1.jpg

Reactions: Ben.R.C
Dec 24, 2012
Wow, impressive. I am a disgrace when it comes to cellar organization. Case in point: https://imgur.com/a/7tT9e

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Peck, THAT is impressive. It's actually quite organized actually. I would love to have dedicated cabinet space like that. I have to store mine in a bathtub.
I love that shelf that is bending from the weight of your massive cellar. That speaks volumes.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
I can’t help you with cellar storage ideas.

I have my own problem.

I can’t even buy a new shirt or hat it won’t fit in the hutch.
5d567da5-301b-4a5c-bbcd-d3bcd586272a-600x450.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Those plastic bins are all right, but bigger ones hold more and just fit under the beds. In Harris' case, I think he needs to buy more beds..

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
I also bought 4 of those wooden soda crates after watching Muttnchop's video...works great for the working stash....up to 96 blends to choose from.

Then i put the rest of a bulk pound in quart jars and replenish the half pint jars as needed, making sure I keep working on only one quart jar at a time.

Jun 27, 2016
I'd like to set some tins up so I can see more of them.

Right now I use the cardboard box for tins, but I'll write/ try to update what is in there on the side.

My jars are in some sort of a desk with drawers in it.

I have to jar up some extra Peretti, I think what I will end up doing is putting the loaded 4oz jelly jars back in their shrink-wrapped cardboard trays, and stacking/storing them like that.
:puffy:

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I have a whole other section of the cellar devoted to jars and mylar bags. And those two Army footlocker-type things in the first photo? Full of vacuum-packed whole leaf.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
I've been filling up recently purchased, and a "found" shelving units. There's more on the shelves now then when these pictures were taken, and more to unpack from boxes from the last time I moved.
tabacpipe-002-600x450.jpg

tabacpipe-003-600x450.jpg

tabacpipe-007-600x450.jpg

Five years of "small orders"... :D

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
That has to be some of the worst pipe tobacco I've ever seen scaped together in one place, Dave.
Tell you what: I'm willing to trade you straight up for my favorite: Capt. Monochromatic Nu-Grape n' Sriracha Cavendogdish.
Wadda ya say?

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
That has to be some of the worst pipe tobacco I've ever seen scaped together in one place, Dave.

Tell you what: I'm willing to trade you straight up for my favorite: Capt. Monochromatic Nu-Grape n' Sriracha Cavendogdish.
Wadda ya say?
:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.