*** Cellar Report !! *** What've You Got?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

120 Fresh Peterson Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes
36 Fresh Nørding Pipes
48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Here's the place to tell us how much you've got, what you've got, post pics of your cellar and so forth!
I'll post pics later, but I'll start off with telling y'all what I've got.

Now keep in mind, I didn't start cellaring seriously, until about this time last year.

In the years before that, I rarely kept more than a pound on hand.

And while my cellar (and most everyone's) is only a drop in the bucket compared to the "Cellar Kings" Peck and Harris, I feel I've accomplished quite a bit in a years time.
So here's what I have;
In tins; 18.7 pounds (or it will be by the time my current order gets here)
In jars; 21.9 pounds (including my rotation, which is 9.3lbs. on its own, and consists of 90+ blends)
All totaled, that's a little over 40-1/2lbs. Not nearly my goal yet, but I'm happy!
So tell us what you have, no matter how big or small!!!

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Me:
1/2 Tin of Irish Oak
10 Pouches of Exclusiv Royal
All the kilos of Cigar Leaf I want at less than 10 cents per gram!
Don't cry for me!

Aug 1, 2012
About 6 pounds jarred and 110 tins. That comes out to around 18 pounds. That's around 3000 bowls of tobacco. At my current rate that's about 10 years.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Between tins and jars I'm probably around 10 pounds, maybe a little shy of it. At my rate of smoking that's about 6 or 7 years worth.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Until I started with this forum, I didn't give much thought to cellaring, so I'm kinda at the beginning.
I've got about 8 lbs of bulk of which 5 lbs is an out of production Smoker Ltd. blend entitled "Easy Chair" that Russ blended for me. The other 3 lbs is my usual mild "Danish Delight"
In addition I've got a couple of lbs of various Frog Morton blends
8 tins of Balkan Sobranie

4 tins of Balkan Sasieni

an opened tin of Hal O The Wynde

2 lbs, or maybe more, of Penzance which I'm going to ignore for a few years to see if it turns into something

1 lb of Pembroke

1 lb of Margate

8 tins of Wessex Campaign dark flake

8 oz of Haddo's Delight

3 oz of Maltese Falcon

2 tins of Gaslight

about a lb of other assorted tinned blends
I'm not in any frenzy to add to the pile, but I will continue to do so.

ruger414

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 25, 2014
United States
I'm at the very beginning of cellaring, but so far I have:
1 tin of Sutliff No. 5

1 tin of Sutliff Bosphorus Cruise

1 tin of Sutliff Balkan Luxury Blend

1 tin of Sutliff Golden Age

1 oz Irish Cream

1 oz Peaches & Cream
I'm hoping to stock up on Dunhill EMP and 965 this summer, but we'll see what my budget looks like.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Well I can only dream of some day having anything close to what you got Petes but I just started smoking a pipe about 6 weeks ago and I have 2lbs of Gaslight, 2lbs of Mississippi River, 2lbs of Plumb Pudding, and 12 2oz tins of various others. Baby steps...

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Between my tins and mason jars I roughly have 160 oz of tobacco on hand currently. I smoke from the mason jars, so my tins are the only thing being cellared at the moment. I have 38 tins of tobacco and 2 packages of Penzance.

kanaka95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 2, 2014
Man i'll be watching this tread.I know theres gonna be some big guns out there and i can't wait to see the pix on some of those tobacco cellars.Anyhow i only started a short time ago myself but i do have 1/2lb lanes 1q,1 tin sutliff private stock taste of summer,4oz lanes bca,2oz sir walter raleigh (aro),2oz mississippi river.I promise beginning of next month this will be very differen't.Thanks for starting this one petes03 im excited to see what's out there.Keep puffin on.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I started using Tobacco Cellar to keep track of things. I still have to input a bunch of bulk jars, but without those I'm at 17lbs. If I had to guess with the bulk, maybe 20lbs?

dryseason91

Can't Leave
Oct 10, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Currently:
Irish Flake

University Flake

Aged Burley Flake

Westminster

British Woods

Frog Morton's Cellar

Sherlock Holmes

McConnell's Original Oriental

Deluxe Navy Rolls

Elizabethan Mixture

MM 965

Condor Plug

Mick McQuaid Plug

Loose blending Virginia
About 25 - 40g of each. It's not a lot but given that I only smoke 3 or 4 bowls a week it's probably too much. Also, my palate has done an inexplicable U-turn recently and lost interest in latakia, so a bunch of that stuff up there is being neglected.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
137.5 pounds representing 83 blends in 468 tins and 171 jars.
Probably another 50-60 jars that I smoke out of or rarely smoke and stashed in the closet.
Largest:

St. James Flake at 20 pounds in 20 tins and 39 jars.

Old Dark Fired flake at 11 pounds in 5 tins an 21 jars.
12 50g tins in the mail and soon to be 5 more pounds of ODF.
Here is one picture of my bookcase

lockdown199

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 28, 2013
I'm small time compared to some of you guys. I have 5 tins of 2013 Peterson Summertime, 6 Tins 2011 Escudo, 1lb Sweet Virginia.

rootling

Lurker
May 30, 2011
Just started to recatalog my stock pile and so for from my sealed tin stock I have 31 lb. Open and bulk I should think to have about that as well, I just haven't had the time to break into it to check. All in all this could last me a lifetime but....

buzkirk

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
Wow !, My simple cellar is nowhere near any of yours.
1/2 lb Dan Sweet Vanilla Honeydew

25 gr. McCelland #27

25 gr. Ye Olde Pipe Shop #4

25 gr. C&D Exausted Rooster

25 gr. Dan Milonga

3 pouches Capt. Black Wht.
Tom

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I've been at this for quite awhile, probably since 2000 or so. When I first started it was a tin of Penzance. Then I just slowly added to it, usually getting a couple tins at a time. One to smoke and the rest to stash away. I've never ordered more than 20 tins at a time and that was for Peterson's Perfect Plug. Usually its a dozen tins or so, I like to get the free shipping. Point is it adds up over time to quite a nice stash.
I bow to Peck though. :worship:

Dec 24, 2012
You guys are too funny. No question, it adds up over time. Just keep at it. I have moved on to working on the wine cellar. There are only a couple of blends I still look for, though I may have to try this new McB Latakia Flake.

Status
Not open for further replies.