PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
I was only hunting for a few blends before I could complete my cellar and, with the recent influx of Esoterica blends and Balkan Sobranie, I managed to fill out those blends, especially with the help of leads given to me by some of the fine brothers on this site.
So now I am completely done buying tobacco. Finito.
It is really liberating to be finished with my cellar.
Now, with the cellar done, I will have more disposable cash to put into PAD, lol.

Dec 24, 2012
Never.
Ok. Never say never.
I will admit that I ordered a few tins of the HU tobacco from Germany on the weekend.
And I will admit that I don't have any of the new Mcb Latakia Flake in the cellar, but, how good can it really be?

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats Peck - that must have been quite the undertaking!
For those who haven't seen it, here's a photo of Vault No. 13c of Peck's stash:
peck-tinx.jpg

Dec 24, 2012
I have no recent pics marine. These are the most recent:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/some-cellar-shots
The most recent were probably around 9 months ago, though the pics aren't the greatest: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/cellar-jars-sealing-themselves
My inventory log is here: http://tobaccocellar.com/peckinpahhombre

sajgre

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2010
Congrats!

About ordering HU tobacco... that is one big mistake if you want to be done cellaring. You NEED to cellar: Sunset and Haymaker (great virginias), Directors cut (complex blend), Indaba (looots of natural sweetness) and Nashville County (amazing burley).... those can all compete with best blends in your cellar.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
Didn't you have an identical post sometime late last year?
You have a problem, you Nuck. But thanks for keeping various blenders and retailers in business for the last year.

Dec 24, 2012
I said in my last post that I was almost done, save for a few blends.
Now I am done.
But I plan to post this same thread at least once per year for the duration of my time on this forum. It reassures me that I really am done.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Looks like a great insurance policy against hikes in tobacco taxes, inflation, and shortages. Also, while

you are puffing contentedly, the whole stash is aging to perfection. I do like to "graze" a bit at pipe

shops, pipe shows, and online, but it has to be a good feeling to have your anchor down.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Wow alot of and so to bed, I'm glad I grabbed a pound without ever trying it. I think I should enjoy it as it looks like alot of the blends you like I like.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Congrats, Peck. Well done man. I know that there will be adds, and tweaks, and fine tuning, but that's one helluva accomplishment.
-- Pat

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Cellar done?
Your pipe soul will be able to Rest In Peace.
No longer shall you drift across the land in search of that final tin.
Sleep well weary wanderer.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
Well, the statement that he can now devote more bucks to pipes is an unsettling development. Fortunately since he told his wife he doesn't spend over $50 on a pipe, he can only destroy the basket pipe market.

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
Very nice, Peck. I am jealous. I have cellared about half of my goal (100 tins) for the year. As impressive as your inventory is, I think I found a recurring hole. You'll always be waiting on the McClelland's Christmas Cheer!
Otherwise, WELL DONE! Is the perimeter secure?
Dave

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Peck, the cellar is impressive but I was even more impressed with your inventory spreadsheet. Very efficient.
For the rest of us I suppose it's a safe bet that inventory levels will start to return to normal levels in all the on line retail shops so let's raise a glass to that! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.