Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexj52

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2018
I'm about to start my 2 years of mandatory military service (South Korea, so no need to thank me for my service), and thought that I could cellar some tobacco and enjoy it upon discharge. Any recommendations on blends that would really shine upon being cellared?

Thanks in advance!

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
My favorites are all very hard to find right now.
Full Virginia Flake

St. James Flake

Kendal Plug/Best Brown Flake

Dorchester/Dunbar/Tilbury/Stonehaven/Blackpool

Dunhill Flake/Dark Flake

Klondike Gold

MB Pure VA Flake (Available!)
Generally VA blends but several people like aged English blends

Skiff Mixture would have my vote.
Sorry for this completely useless post as I really don’t think any of those blends are currently available, most will be again someday but probably not before you deport.

alexj52

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2018
I just received a 250g package of FVF. Would it be fine in the original box, or should I put it in a Mason jar or something?

@hawky454 May I ask what MB stands for? Also, I found that my local B&M has Dunhill Flake, the price being $20. I've had one tin before and enjoyed it. Would it be a nice buy from a economic standpoint?

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I just received a 250g package of FVF. Would it be fine in the original box, or should I put it in a Mason jar or something?

@hawky454 May I ask what MB stands for? Also, I found that my local B&M has Dunhill Flake, the price being $20. I've had one tin before and enjoyed it. Would it be a nice buy from a economic standpoint?
I would certainly jar the FVF and good score by the way! I usually take the flakes and cut them in half and stack them in those squat 8oz jars, works very well and you could get a box in 4 of those jars, which I prefer, the more jars the better as you open one the others go undisturbed.
MB stands for Mac Baren (sorry). And I personally would buy the Dunhill Flake at $20, I'm sure the secondary market is charging a lot more though I haven't looked. I am starting to be a believer of the whole aging tobacco thing, Dunhill Flake with 5 years on it is excellent!

alexj52

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2018
Thanks for all the input! I would also really appreciate any ideas on alternatives for a Mason jar, since they're priced rather high in my country. Having lived in the States, it would slightly piss me off to pay the price retailers here ask for...

Status
Not open for further replies.