PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eltice

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
Sorry if this has been discussed, I did a quick search for a few key words, but no luck.
How does everyone track their cellar? Are there smartphone apps that are recommended? I know I could use "pen and paper" but was wondering if there are other ways already established, with some positive reviews.

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
I just use a spreadsheet. Just for my personal reasons, I don't post any kind of "inventory" on the web.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Kevin have you used that software? They have interesting hype on there...
"Seriously though, you have to admit, having access to your tobacco cellar and pipe information at any time sounds great."
I have access to my info ALL THE TIME if I keep it on my device, not on the cloud. LOL...

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Just for my personal reasons, I don't post any kind of "inventory" on the web."
Very good idea, why tell the world and his dog what is in your personal possession?
Regards,
Jay.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Just for my personal reasons, I don't post any kind of "inventory" on the web."
Very good idea, why tell the world and his dog what is in your personal possession?
"I use a spreadsheet. The rest are pointless and cumbersome."
Ash, some folks get great pleasure in showing off how much baccy they have accumulated, all a bit sad really.
Regards,
Jay.

btsteve

Might Stick Around
Nov 4, 2015
Sellersburg, Indiana
I use a spreadsheet and have it in Dropbox so I can access it from anywhere. The question is what does everyone's spreadsheets layout look like? Do you keep cost, and how do you track amounts on hand once a tin is opened?

mwsmoker

Might Stick Around
Sep 15, 2017
Tobaccocellar.com allows you to mark your cellar as "private." I've done that. So, it's convenient for tracking, but not available to the whole world.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I use a spreadsheet and have it in Dropbox so I can access it from anywhere. The question is what does everyone's spreadsheets layout look like? Do you keep cost, and how do you track amounts on hand once a tin is opened?
I do the exact same thing. I keep my spreadsheet in Dropbox as well and update it all the time. My spreadsheet is called Collection; the first page (list) contains data about my Zippo collection (used to be a collector):
5soQNJ5.jpg

The second page contains everything that I've bought tobacco related (pipes, pipe tobacco, cigars, accessories, etc) and my ratings:
1bpqCZU.jpg

And I created a third list to follow what kind of blends I have, how many open tins there are, etc. I also use this list when I can't decide what to smoke, I just use the filters to find the right tobacco that will fit my mood:
p4VyCVF.jpg

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I played with both tobaccocellar and thepipetool for over two years. Then one morning I realized I had WASTED a WHOLE LOT of time on something that was pretty useless, and I DELETED both of them. :rofl: :clap: :clap: :mrgreen:

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
Speaking for myself only, this is the ultimate "solution in search of a problem"
Pretty hard to justify any sort of computing resources to keep track of how much Golden Extra and Vanilla Creme I have at any given moment.
I may consider it if I add a third blend to my "cellar" :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.