PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokingcricket

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2018
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/smokingcricket/album/picture/26629 I had written this before but trying to get the pic up it was lost so this is the Short version.My favorite are Lakelands and burleys.I had some members recommend some blends and I found them to be cheaper so I should be able to double this coming year.Question is did I cellar what am average smoker would in a year.By average I'm thinking 3_5 bowls a day sometimes less.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
img_20180602_2244171.jpg

Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Photobucket; Postimage; Dropbox, etc.), or on virtually any site, select the full image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose copy image location. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It looks like a good supply that should last you a few years or more for moderate smoking. 'Doesn't mean you won't buy more, but you can take it easy and explore what you have in different pipes, after various lengths of time. It doesn't look like too much to me, about right for an experienced smoker.

smokingcricket

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2018
My goal is to have enough tobacco cellared by the time my daughter starts preschool Ill have enough of what I smoke that I won't have to buy anymore tobacco except the occasional tin of something I could not buy in bulk.

smokingcricket

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2018
I only made one mistake with it and it a happened today.I thought I ordered a box of Mac baren bold Kentucky and when it got here I went ahead and opened it and started jarring.I thought to myself,self this smells alot like old dark fired.So I checked the box and that's what it was.I won't smoke it so ill hold it for a few years So if anyone likes well aged you know where it will be.

smokingcricket

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2018
Yeah I didn't think it was a super amount.It ending up being more than I thought I would get.I just like smoking different blends during the day.Its amazing how blends can have the exact ingredients but have different flavors.I really enjoy picking out the subtle changes as the bowl burns.I hate that I started at a time when the government is trying to help the cig companies switch people from good God given tobacco that they ruin to sucking burnt Chen's thru a machine.I will enjoy it as long as I can.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I only made one mistake with it and it a happened today.I thought I ordered a box of Mac baren bold Kentucky and when it got here I went ahead and opened it and started jarring.I thought to myself,self this smells alot like old dark fired.So I checked the box and that's what it was.I won't smoke it
BK is a lot like ODF, just a deeper earthy taste, and some claim more nicotine. I find them both to be mild all day smokes.
Off to a good start BTW.

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
I believe Gently Tamped had a really useful google sheets document that let you figure out how much to cellar to last your lifetime, based of course on how much/often you smoke.
It’s worth checking out.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One luxury of having a substantial cache is that you can still sample small quantities of other blends for variety but depend on your cellar for most smokes. If you get to the place where certain blends are unlikely to get smoked, you can pass them along to a pipe friend, which is always a luxury in itself. Just sent off a parcel (four sealed tins and a baggie) to a friend who is a pipe devotee. Feels great to share the wealth.

smokingcricket

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2018
When I said buy no more tobacco I should have said no more super bulk buys.Now I will wait for sales and slowly work on stashing some tins.

smokingcricket

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2018
And as for what's in it.Off the top of my head.Crooner(I'm changing my user name to croonerconsumer)madfiddler flake engine#382 1792 brownlicorice flake darkflake scented/unscented brownbogie xxtwist Kendalkentucky fvf(sucksimho) bestbrown flake kendalplug darkplug rumflake olddarkfired goldenextra vintagesyrian crowleybest haunted bookshop 3p plug old dublin Irish flake uniflake double down boneYard I'm sure I forgot a few but you get the idea.965 to.

Status
Not open for further replies.