PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2012
Trying to stay ahead of the tax man ("If you drive they'll tax the street, if you walk they'll tax your feet.")I have been putting away cans of tobacco. I had an inventory done today. The total of closed tins is 897. They are stashed a little here, a little there, so I couldn't get any pictures.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
The total of closed tins is 897
Nice! Is that about 100 lbs? How long do you figure that will last foggy?
So far I've only got about 3 years worth of tobacco (a poor man's cellar of bulk tobaccos). If I can swing it, I hope to have 5 years worth before years end. That's about the best I will be able to do. We've spent our life savings re-building our home after it was flooded, but I'm grateful that I was able to rebuild (and stock up a little on tobacco too.)

Aug 14, 2012
I saw a picture of your house on the stream. Just what I always wanted but got to old to deal with. I guess the tobacco is enough for about 12 years, though favorites will be out of inventory before that if not replaced.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Yeah - we love the spot and we should be safe from another flood after raising the house 6 ft. And though I wouldn't trade it for the world, we miss the city sometimes (my wife's from bklyn and I'm from L.I.)
12 years is a nice cellar - and in tins, so much the better.

paintedklown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2013
Very nice. I hope to one day have a nice cellar built up as well. I see some of the cellars on here and am literally floored by how much you have on hand at all times. VERY inspiring, to say the least. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.