Celebrating Generosity of Forum Members Again!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
120 Fresh Peterson Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I just have to give a HUGE "shout out" of thanks to cobguy for both inspiration AND generosity! Not too long ago, I had asked a question in one of the posts about what Moztek Strang was exactly, what it was like, and for something of a description of the blend. Lo and Behold, within a day, a PM appeared in my in-box asking me if I'd like to try a sample! WELL ABSOLUTELY!! What with the retirement and flux of the German blender/seller, I was thinking I would never really get a chance to try this ethereal blend! Cobguy to the rescue!! And not only did he send a sample of Motzek Strang, a generosity I thought quite lovely enough on it's own, he actually ended up sending: Motzek Strang, C&D Burley Flake #1, Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired, C&D Old Joe Krantz, and "a bit of Semois"!!! All of these were entirely new to me except the Semois. The HH Old Dark Fired was aged a couple years and had a lovely sugar-bloom going on! And the Motzek Strang was unique and wonderful! As were the rest!
This is another testimony to the wonderful spirit and fine fellowship we happy pipesters have here on the pipesmagazine forum! I was and am deeply touched and grateful to cobguy for absolutely going and above and beyond the call in sharing and generosity! Thank You Darin!!

Jerry

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Recent generosity coming my way were a tin of Brown Sugar Flake and a generous sample of Le Petite Robin/Semois. Not to mention many many other samples in the past, and a spectacular pipe, this amazing English pipe that I missed in the box until my benefactor asked about it and I went back and found it, to my astonishment. Amazing crew here.

Jan 8, 2013
:clap: Wooohoo!!!! I love stories like this. Congrats to you, and well done to Cobguy. Indeed that is one of the things that makes this forum great. Wonderful group of people here indeed :D

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Thank you very much for the kind words!
Jerwynn reciprocated the generosity and sent me back two plugs that I love ... JKP and Triple Play.
Sharing samples and paying forward the kindness that has been shown to me here is my favorite part of this online experience.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
A certain fellow forum member sent me, quite unexpectedly, a bag of Motzek Strang. There are seriously wonderful, generous, amazing people floating all around this forum. I try to pay this kindness forward whenever I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.